Home

PS3 M25 Modding, editing question

This is a discussion on PS3 M25 Modding, editing question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2021, 10:41 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PS3 M25 Modding, editing question

I have had success using the DB editor changing cities, stadiums, playing surfaces, etc. but have not been able to figure out how to change end zone art. I believe the field logos are hard-coded into the game and need to be modified using a DAT editor.

I am currently playing a 1980's franchise on M12 and have made numerous changes using the DB editor to more realistically resemble stadiums from the era:

- I changed Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Arizona (St. Louis), Philadelphia, Chicago from natural grass to artificial turf.
- Changed Titans to Houston Oilers and moved them into a dome. Also moved Seahawks into dome. Changed Rams to L.A. Rams and moved them into Oakland Stadium (closest I could figure to old Anaheim Stadium)
- Moved Dallas back to old Cowboys Stadium (which for some reason is still in the M12 game).

If you open up a franchise file in the DB editor and go to the STAD (stadium) tab, you will find the fields to change stadium preferences (SGID is stadium ID). In order to change stadiums the fields need to be changed in both the STAD and TEAM tabs. To do so, however, I had to manually edit each field in both tabs for each individual stadium. It was a slow and tedious process and took some experimenting but ultimately worked.

I do not have a lot of knowledge of the editors and am kind of learning as I go. Maybe someone with more knowledge can help us out with the field art problem. I would love to find a way to change the logos.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #10
Rookie

JimRjr's Arena

Awesome thanks. So by DB editor you mean the EA editor not a Madden editor?
If so who's config are you using?
Old 08-08-2021, 12:11 PM   #11
Rookie

I think there are a couple of different DB editors, some are compatible only with newer versions of Madden and Next Gen systems, but since I primarily play older games I use the Xtreme DB Editor, which works very well with PS3 and Madden 12.

You can download it here:

https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/...ic.php?t=21400
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »