Home

Madden 07 Gamecube 2021 rosters ported from Rogerjinx on footballidiot

This is a discussion on Madden 07 Gamecube 2021 rosters ported from Rogerjinx on footballidiot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2021, 04:12 PM   #9
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 07 Gamecube 2021 rosters ported from Rogerjinx *and franchise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Update2: new attachment based on mwolfe's franchise! I imported players the depth chart and salary cap and it looks good. only thing now is positional requirements, any tips mwolfe? otherwise we may need to let the cpu sign the missing players.

Update: new attachment based on mwolfe's roster. I also will update the instructions below but it turns out you need to copy just from 'DB' to the end of the data in that section and then replace just what you copied out of the gci file. And you may need to use EA DB editor instead of extreme editor but still testing that. Unfortunately, although this is now based on mwolfe's latest conversion for ps2, i am seeing the same issues with crash on starting franchies. In addition both in my previous attempts and this one, trying to edit the information of the bear's #3 center also causes a crash. Mwolfe - do you think this is due to position requirements or something else?

Here is a save for dolphin containing Rogerjinx' 2021 roster ported to gamecube. I did auto-reorder depth charts this time so exhibition shouldn't crash.
I am still debugging franchise, which doesn't work at all. I have perhaps removed too many free agents from some positions. I did adjust all the contracts to floor($*.57) to match the 180 mil salary cap of today being reduced to 102 in 06.
For now enjoy exhibition mode and here is a link to Roger's original thread for madden 08 pc:
https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/...p?f=12&t=22626
Ill download and look at the file and try and see what is making it crash.
Also you cant start a franchise with just the updated roster you actually have to make a base franchise file and then update the rosters after that.
For some reason if you edit the roster then try and go make a franchise file it will crash everytime. PS2 is like that too.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 07 Gamecube 2021 rosters ported from Rogerjinx on footballidiot

Yes so this time I created a vanilla franchise file and copied tables from your franchise file into it with extreme db editor. It does not crash, like you said. So for those who want franchise, gotta use the attached franchise file in post 1 of this thread. Regarding salary, i did copy the salary cap table, does that cover everything or are there other tables to compensate for the higher cap? Finally, I missed TEAM - if i copy that one then i think the free cap numbers will be accurate.

Last edited by H4wduk3n; 09-22-2021 at 08:16 PM. Reason: removing player positions question since mwolfe answered it in another thread.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:57 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by natkra90
Very cool! Really appreciate this. Can now play Madden with updated rosters on my Galaxy S9+.
This is 100% why I did this, thank you for sharing!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 09:06 PM   #12
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

Quote:
Yes so this time I created a vanilla franchise file and copied tables from your franchise file into it with extreme db editor. It does not crash, like you said. So for those who want franchise, gotta use the attached franchise file in post 1 of this thread. Regarding salary, i did copy the salary cap table, does that cover everything or are there other tables to compensate for the higher cap? Finally, I missed TEAM - if i copy that one then i think the free cap numbers will be accurate.
I had to fix the stadiums cvs as some of the stadiums were only for a modded PC version of Madden I went through added all the new Sal CVS files and Stadium CVS, I also took out the stats cvs files for the seasons and stuff which so that players don't have weird stats that don't belong to them.

I can go into more detail but I think thats a convo for direct messages or Discord.

The file is for you and your Gamecube. You can also copy most of this over for Madden 06 you just have to remove a few ratings from the players CVS file to match that of Madden 06 players cvs file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nfl2k21.zip (339.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 09-24-2021, 02:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Hi mwolfe, so have you noticed in simming a season that many teams don't have a FB to sign?
I got around this by editing a TE or HB to FB for the gap.
Then the following season after simming the offseason no qbs were left in the FA pool and the Rams only had 1.
Do you think we need to add FA's or does this not happen on ps2?
Also, I tried to include additional tables like TEAM and SCHD but the game wouldn't sim or let me play any regular season games.
Right now i think the big priority is probably this FA issue, what do you think?
Edit: i was testing my own file, let me try yours thanks!
Edit2: it seems to be simming with the updated schedule wow thanks man! should we summarize somewhere which tables go from madden pc to ps2 and/or to gamecube for posterity? i know there's info in a few posts..

Last edited by H4wduk3n; 09-24-2021 at 03:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:48 AM   #14
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

Quote:
Hi mwolfe, so have you noticed in simming a season that many teams don't have a FB to sign?
I got around this by editing a TE or HB to FB for the gap.
Then the following season after simming the offseason no qbs were left in the FA pool and the Rams only had 1.
Do you think we need to add FA's or does this not happen on ps2?
Also, I tried to include additional tables like TEAM and SCHD but the game wouldn't sim or let me play any regular season games.
Right now i think the big priority is probably this FA issue, what do you think?
Edit: i was testing my own file, let me try yours thanks!
Edit2: it seems to be simming with the updated schedule wow thanks man! should we summarize somewhere which tables go from madden pc to ps2 and/or to gamecube for posterity? i know there's info in a few posts..
The new file I posted should have more Qb's the the FA for them to sign. When I get home I'll write down all the table that are transferable between the two. I'm working on the salary table seeingbif I can adjust them so your not signing a great player for dirt cheap.
Do you use Microsoft Excel when you look at the tables or do you use a free version like excel?
I have most of the PLAY CVS filled out on what is what and the COCH CVS file on the important ratings that need to be changed .
It be easier to exchange CVS files this way to go back and forth with edits..
Old 09-25-2021, 03:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello again,
I've been making a Dolphin texture pack to try to update the game's graphics since we're getting updated roster/franchise thanks to you two. I've updated the Rams, Chargers, and Washington completely with uniforms and all since they needed it most. Also updated every NFL team's logo with higher res textures along with a few other graphical improvements. If someone who isn't new wants to post the link, feel free. They won't let me directly link because I don't have 5 comments lol.

mediafire(dot)com/file/myy9bxr9gq6zvqi
(22mb)

*Also, as a side note, I noticed that the Colts stadium doesn't appear in game.

Thanks again for making this possible!

Edit: For those who are wondering how to use with Android. Add these lines to the GFX.ini file typically found in dolphin-emu/Config

Quote:
HiresTextures = True
CacheHiresTextures = True
Textures go in dolphin-emu/Load/Textures/G7ME69

Last edited by natkra90; 09-27-2021 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2021, 10:46 AM   #16
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natkra90
Hello again,
I've been making a Dolphin texture pack to try to update the game's graphics since we're getting updated roster/franchise thanks to you two. I've updated the Rams, Chargers, and Washington completely with uniforms and all since they needed it most. Also updated every NFL team's logo with higher res textures along with a few other graphical improvements. If someone who isn't new wants to post the link, feel free. They won't let me directly link because I don't have 5 comments lol.

mediafire(dot)com/file/myy9bxr9gq6zvqi
(22mb)

*Also, as a side note, I noticed that the Colts stadium doesn't appear in game.

Thanks again for making this possible!
Hey Thanks for the heads up on the Colts Stadium, updated it and it appears now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nfl2k21.zip (339.1 KB, 112 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »