Home

Gooma's CPU Vs. CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Gooma's CPU Vs. CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Gooma's CPU Vs. CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altohombre
Last night I played the first half of the Falcons and Bears and it was an incredible game. 14-13 at the half. Two field goals made. 1 TD by each QB, NO INT's!!!! Both running backs who are two of the top did well, maybe a little better than well, but I was very entertained till I fell asleep lol.
well after this close game I may have had an outlier in my testing of these sliders. I did this on Play Now so I am not sure how to change any auto sub sliders before hand.

Seattle: 87
Cincinatti: 14

Hasselbeck (SEA): 158.3 rating, 21/25 for 470 yards, 7 TD and 0 INT
Palmer (CIN): 50.6 rating, 26/48 for 335 yards, 2 TD and 5 INT

J. Jones (SEA): 18 atts for 117 yrds 1 TD
T. Ducket (SEA): 6 atts for 37 yds 1 TD
O. Schmitt (SEA): 3 atts for 86 yrds 1TD

C. Benson (CIN): 16 att for 14 yds

DEF:
A. Curry (SEA) 2 sacks
C. Redding (SEA) 1 sack
P. Kerney (SEA) 1 sack
5 different (SEA) with 1 INT

now I am hoping I just messed something up that caused such a lopsided game so I am going to replay this game again. I just figured out how to change Auto sub before the game so I will try this as well.

Last edited by Altohombre; 08-23-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15

I need to find good coach philosophy for offense and GOOD auto sub in/out sliders. I'm also not sure if 100 fatigue is the way to go.

The problem I'm facing is Adrian Peterson is getting 30+ carries a game, and Chester Taylor isn't getting subbed in alot. Not sure whats wrong.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #19
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I need to find good coach philosophy for offense and GOOD auto sub in/out sliders. I'm also not sure if 100 fatigue is the way to go.

The problem I'm facing is Adrian Peterson is getting 30+ carries a game, and Chester Taylor isn't getting subbed in alot. Not sure whats wrong.

Fatigue is too high at 60, I see O-lineman being subbed in at 60.

I upped the subout(80)subin(83). He will stay fresher during the game and the backup will get about 7-10 carries, depending on your coaches philosophy. 60 run 40 pass works great w/ the Skins!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just checked out the coach philosophy thing and it didn't make any difference while watching the game. I simmed a game after i had changed the philosophy from 50/50 running and passing to 80 passing and peyton manning threw the ball like 60 times compared to running 15 times or something like that, so as far as i know coach philosophy does nothing unless games are simmed same goes for the rb1 and rb2 carries.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooma
I just checked out the coach philosophy thing and it didn't make any difference while watching the game. I simmed a game after i had changed the philosophy from 50/50 running and passing to 80 passing and peyton manning threw the ball like 60 times compared to running 15 times or something like that, so as far as i know coach philosophy does nothing unless games are simmed same goes for the rb1 and rb2 carries.
Understood. So gooma, how would I effectively be able to have AP and Chester Taylor split carries while doing CPU/CPU games?

I am trying to fully understand the auto sub in/out feature. Isn't sub in and out kind of redundant? What fatigue setting and RB sub in/out do you recommend for RB splitting carries, or atleast having the backup get a decent amount of carries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

my second game using the sliders with the Bengals and Seahawks again was a much better game. Hasselbeck ended with 3 picks, but 2 of them came in the final 3 mins of the game when he was forcing it to come from behind.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #23
Rookie

In regards to the sub in and sub out sliders and also the fatigue setting i cant remember were i got them from but they seem fine to me, backups from all positions get a chance to play a down or 2. But if u really feel the starters need more playing time then i guess u could change it i don't think it will have an effect on any other settings.

Just an update on the interceptions thing ill be doing testing today to try and see in having it set at any other number will see less interceptions and i may also adjust pass defense settings in the same effort to reduce INT's. Ill try to get back on here later with my findings.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #24
Rookie

joeccva71 i will also do some testing with regards to the rb2 getting more carries like in the2 back system or with AP and chester taylor .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »