Home

Slidders and Penalties and the challenge system....EA Needs to fix this

This is a discussion on Slidders and Penalties and the challenge system....EA Needs to fix this within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4
Slidders and Penalties and the challenge system....EA Needs to fix this

Feel free to post anything I missed.

SLIDDERS:

To me (with all do respect) all these custom slidders are useless bc EASPORTS has the worst cpu AI ever. The computer doesn't play a smart game at all. During past years Madden the cpu was hit or miss as far as intellect was concerned and this year for instance the coin toss, I have never had the computer choose to kick the ball if they win the coin toss which is really quite often that happens.

Penalty system:

They have flaws in the penaties and how they are called in a game. Defensive/Offensive Pass Interference are never called in a game. EA there are other penalties in football other than offsides and holding and your occassional facemask penalty...There's Defensive holding that happens when a guy gets held away from the ball (mostly when he's on the opposite side of the field)..you have interference offensive/defensive from pushing off a player..there's two different face mask penalties depending on how long your hand is on the facemask and if you bring him down by it (5-10 yards). Illegal hands to the face mostly on defensive players but it can go either way. Late Hits (not just on the QB). Ineligble receiver down field (offensive linemen).

The Replay System/"THE BRADY RULE"

Now if they fixed this I know tons of guys would be happy. How many times have you been playing it and your QB is hit right when you were throwing the ball and the game calls a fumble..You go to challenge it and they still call it as is on the field..I know MaddenBoys Hate when people say this but NFL 2k had the best game if not for anything else it was for "THIS" reason alone. They're Replay challange system was as close to the NFL as you could get. When you wanted to challenge a play you could cycle through a few options on "what" you were challenging on that play...QB "fumble" i remember seeing the option to see if his arm was going forward when i had the game on ps2--its probably my favorite football game of all time but bc of advancing graphics and rosters/players etc i can't keep modifiying the game (too time consuming). Ea has an "ok" system but its flawed bc its not accurately reflecting the NFL system. The coaches can state what they are challenging not just say "he was down when the ball came out".

Team relocation:

Nothing to do with settings but "what the hell" lol thought i'd put it here anways..But this needs to be fixed as well. Lets say you are the FALCONS (there's talk about them getting an outdoor stadium in 10yrs or so) but if you wanna build them a stadium or relocate "any team" you can't keep the team name--now i know relocating a team that usually happens but if you build a new stadium in say Downtown Atlanta but the team can't be called the "Falcons" then thats a huge problem...imagine wanting to put the GIANTS in Manhattan but losing the name and have to be called the NY Bulls or whatever generic name Ea has in the Franchis play mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »