Home

Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Question - how many Timeouts did NY have in the REAL Superbowl when they were still trailing the Patriots?

Maybe they took away 2 timeouts to make the situation more similar to the actual Superbowl?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:32 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Question - how many Timeouts did NY have in the REAL Superbowl when they were still trailing the Patriots?

Maybe they took away 2 timeouts to make the situation more similar to the actual Superbowl?
as i recall i think they had 2 of them left at the time where it was 4th and inches...but it could have been one

not sure...regadless i just throw outs to get out of bounds
Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #35
Banned

Re: **Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions Thread (360/PS3)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
It's more than just one play. You basically take over the Giants on their potential Super Bowl winning drive versus the Patriots. I can't remember how much time is left on the clock when you get the ball but that's what you're able to do on the demo.

That, and I believe you also get to take the Madden IQ test.
Well it is 4th down, so in reality you do end up playing just "one play" alot. LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 08:37 AM   #36
Banned

Re: **Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions Thread (360/PS3)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
The only things you're able to do in the demo is take the IQ test and play as the Giants with only 1:40 left in the game down by 4. But even if you score on the first play and there's 1:32 left in the game, you don't get to play defense. So basically the demo's over once you score.

The demo is more to showcase the IQ test and whatnot, wich has the potential to be one of the coolest features in sports video-games. You take four tests: rushing, passsing, run defense and pass defense. Then you're graded on each part with the 4 difficulty settings in the game. So you could be playing a game with rushing on All-Madden, passing on All-Pro, pass D on rookie and so on. This is has the potential to be a great feature.
C'mon guys, it isn't that innovative at all. We've been doing this year after year through the use of sliders, so it's some great feature now that the CPU does it for us? And I can promise you it will somehow logically be broken, things like this "adaptive ai" or whatever they're trying to sell it as just isn't going to work right, mark my words. I still feel they're hiding something not letting us play more than a couple plays. I mean are you guys ready to go along with this feature, EA can't even get the gameplay right. Now we have a CPU making decisions on how hard the CPU is against us? Get ready for "robo QB, RB, WR, DB ect..." I do hope I'm wrong on all accounts, but EA's track record would make me a betting man on my thoughts.

Last edited by SkunkWurks6; 07-31-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #37
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

This demo is clearly better then the DVD demo. At this time I can say I have no issues to report with this game. It's all up to the final build now. What I've seen from this demo has me feeling that Madden 09 is going to be a very good game. Won't know for sure until I play the full game on the 12th, or possibly earlier if I can bribe the manager at Game Stop.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
My thoughts are I can't wait to try it after I get home from work.

I wasn't up early because of the demo, I actually had to be at work at 4am today...ugh.

GAMEKILLER!!

or would it be

DEMOKILLER!!

My bad TJ. I thought that maybe you had played it. I am in the same boat as you, waiting to get home from work. Speaking of work, I guess I'd better do some, since I am here.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 34

Anyone play any defense at all?

What's middle of the field coverage like?

I would like to play as the CB, and in NCAA that simply isnt possible, given the issues in that area.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:49 AM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Anyone play any defense at all?

What's middle of the field coverage like?

I would like to play as the CB, and in NCAA that simply isnt possible, given the issues in that area.
you don't play defense in the demo. Its one possession with you on offense trying for the game winning TD.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »