Home

Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #417
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anim8or
Yes, yes you can... it's an option when you first load up the disk, and you can skip it if you don't want the game tuned to your skill.
Thank God... I understand what you're saying in your reply to me, but I am really looking forward to have the game challenging to me and at the same time fair to my skill set on all cylinders. This is why I'll leave it up to a few exhibition matches to determine my skill set before I hit up my favorite part of Madden... the Franchise mode. I'm also excited that my IQ will rise or fluctuate based on my performance from there on out.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #418
EA Sports MMA Animation Director

Anim8or's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
Thank God... I understand what you're saying in your reply to me, but I am really looking forward to have the game challenging to me and at the same time fair to my skill set on all cylinders. This is why I'll leave it up to a few exhibition matches to determine my skill set before I hit up my favorite part of Madden... the Franchise mode. I'm also excited that my IQ will rise or fluctuate based on my performance from there on out.
Playing on "myskill" is an option too, so you can still just switch to all-pro if you want.
Electronic Arts Tiburon
-------------------------------------------
Old 08-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #419

X*Cell's Arena

Quote:
Playing on "myskill" is an option too, so you can still just switch to all-pro if you want.
yeah I'm gonna play on "My Skill".
Old 08-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #420
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_BE
I don't know about the demo, it's too short to even have impressions really. The graphics look nice, that's the obvious impression I suppose... oh yeah, the celebrations are good too. One thing is clear though, this is definitely the most changed Madden in recent years. I wasn't too hyped about 09 and I'm still not, so I won't be buying the game on day one but I'll pick it up later. Too many other games to play these days!

One thing really bothers me in the demo, you can access all the replay features on every play, except on the final one, when you either fail or succeed in the Madden moment. That's just dumb design. The scenario is that you're driving for the SuperBowl winning TD and when you finally do it, bam-game over, no replays.
I played the demo once. Won on a fourth down, last second45 yard bomb to Burress. Game ended.

Anyway, my only impression was, "I spent all that time downloading for this?"
Old 08-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 3
I like that you can throw a better deep ball than ncaa but I can't get a good feel for the running game cuz the running plays for NY are limited. Plus you only have 1 TO and 1:35 to score a TD, so the game feels rushed and even if you play it over and over with just passing or running the ball, it just feels like a cheap demo that I would've rather not played before the release of the game. Gonna buy it but anxious to see what backbreaker is gonna be like in a few months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #422

X*Cell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2thevictors
I like that you can throw a better deep ball than ncaa but I can't get a good feel for the running game cuz the running plays for NY are limited. Plus you only have 1 TO and 1:35 to score a TD, so the game feels rushed and even if you play it over and over with just passing or running the ball, it just feels like a cheap demo that I would've rather not played before the release of the game. Gonna buy it but anxious to see what backbreaker is gonna be like in a few months.
I always keep forgetting about Backbreaker... I hope that is insane. Have their been any designer diaries on it lately?
Old 08-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #423
Rookie

OVR: 4

Simon,

I am hoping that the demo is different than the final build because last night I tried my hardest to get tackled during the running test and it was almost impossible. My guy would automatically shrug off tackles, or tacklers would disappear it was literally almost impossible to get tackled. I really had to work at it. Can you confirm if that is different in the final build?

Thanks for your replies.

Quote:
This test tunes how good you are at breaking tackles, and it does translate into the game shutting you down (even when playing multi-player). if you want to see this in action, do really bad at this challenge, and then have some fun running people over with trucks, stiff arms, and spinning out of tackles in the madden moment (you must manually break tackles though, roll of dice days are over). I haven't played the demo (just the final build), but using your lead blockers well on the lead blocking challenge translates into how well they block for you in the game and breaking tackles translates into how well you can break tackles in the game. So those are for tuning your team's lead blocking ability and your timing precision to manually break tackles.

A couple of us like to play each other on low skill levels so we are forced to deliver hitstick or gang tackles in gameplay it makes the user really have to step up and make the hits, which is quite fun.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #424
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
The demo definitely left something to be desired. Not letting us play defense makes me a little nervous as well.
Well lets hope its not because of whats been said amongst the pirates that have the game burned on recordable disc's...they are all saying its impossible to defend the pass on D. I hope its not true and i REALLY hope thats NOT why EAsports didnt put in the ability for us to play D with the demo..that would be very very low and cheap on their part to cover up that major flaw..if it is indeed true.

Last edited by Moegames; 08-02-2008 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »