Home

Presentation: THIS is how you do it

This is a discussion on Presentation: THIS is how you do it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Presentation: THIS is how you do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchditcher
No response is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. It probably means they can't spill the beans yet.
Agreed, plus they have a job to do and probably don't peruse every thread.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 27

First I'm gonna start with a more on-field post play camera angle. This one is not a closeup, but it's a very nice angle taking place after a big stop. These are all from Madden 08. We need to be seeing this kind of shot A LOT in Madden:

Dunn just scored a TD where he had to dive. The camera is giving him his proper closeup:

Johnson gets a frame, showing frustration over a dropped pass:

Alexander scores and gets a closeup of his dancing:

Townsend runs back to the sideline, scene nicely captured:

Harris can't believe it, lol:

Henderson celebrates a big sack, nice closeup:

Holmgren stalks:

I took these snaps directly from just one Madden 08 video. To get the full understanding of how these shots played out and why they have such an important impact, please view the video they were taken from at the following link:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23439.html
(try not to laugh too hard as you listen to the review comments and see the review score in the video)

I'm going to post some more later, with video links to show how much better post-play was handled in the past (minus the strange quick-zooming of course, lol) as opposed to right now.

P.S. Take note of the close replay camera angles and how the camera roams a bit. Those are nice. I think we really underappreciated those. They're much better than the disconnected stuff we got in 09.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 02-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 14

great thread...bottom line, we want the game to look/feel and sound like a game on TV...

we want a LIFELIKE crowd,...

a screen that show real time stats in game, ...

tell us who made the tackle, ...

a halftime show that analyzes what's going on and how the losing team can improve...

and a franchise pre-game/post game that analyzes the teams in context with the season -not just the star players in a generic way.
("you have to stop Larry Fitzgerald" is kinda boring..."The Cards have 3 receivers who can beat you and their defense is coming on, but teams have run on them" is better!)
Old 02-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 27

Watch Tom Coughlin barking out commands on the sideline. Novel idea to have the Head Coach showing a presence in an NFL game...

Now watch this whole movie and I'm sure you'll agree that they not only put a better effort into making scenes pre-play, they also did a much better job with post-play cameras in Madden 08 minus the quick-zooming stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYsMM...eature=related

EDIT: Also, look at those replay angles!

Last edited by TheWatcher; 02-27-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #61
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

If they want to get the camera work right for Madden all they have to do is copy All Pro Football 2K8. The camera work pre play, post play and in replays is damn near perfect in that game. Looks just like a football game on TV.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Also the developers can also take notes from on of the greatest sports presentation games ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O6j...next=1&index=4

I and many others fans expect to see something like this in Madden10. We've been patiently waiting for over 4 years, nows the time.
Couldn't agree more. EA should be ashamed of themselves for not giving us this with the technology capabilities being more enhanced five years later.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 15

I almost want to cry watching the NFL2K5 videos, they way the halftime and end of game show was, beautiful. During season play how they would show highlights of other games going on. The way the players move and reacted, the camera angles. This was NFL football at its finest. I don't want to hear from the madden devs that they don't have enough disc space or other junk saying why they can't put this in a game. Its funny to me that the 2K series and the MLB by Sony can put there this type of stuff in there sports game without sacrificing other things. Madden10 better bring, I'm a 2K fan but I honestly want Madden10 to surpass NFL2K5. Damn that was a great as football game...
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I almost want to cry watching the NFL2K5 videos, they way the halftime and end of game show was, beautiful. During season play how they would show highlights of other games going on. The way the players move and reacted, the camera angles. This was NFL football at its finest. I don't want to hear from the madden devs that they don't have enough disc space or other junk saying why they can't put this in a game. Its funny to me that the 2K series and the MLB by Sony can put there this type of stuff in there sports game without sacrificing other things. Madden10 better bring, I'm a 2K fan but I honestly want Madden10 to surpass NFL2K5. Damn that was a great as football game...
Couldn't have said it any better. Step up your game EA. PLEASE!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »