Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Sorry but I can't get down with 2K Football's ballcarrier animation. I think it sucks overall. The carry in APF looks like a guy with a really tight suit on (who also happens to be very stiff) trying to powerwalk REEEEAL fast... with something up his hoo-ha, lol. The upper-body shouldn't sway/swivel like that (I'm not even going to mention what it makes me think of, lol), it should be more of an up/down motion.

Madden's run animation needs work too as I've pointed out a few times that the way they hold the ball is a strip magnet and isn't fundamentally sound, and urgency is an issue as well. But if I had to pick between the two, I would not choose 2K's here. A number of other animations from 2K ball, yes, but not the ball carrier one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ And just to clarify, I'm talking about the act of running with the ball, not cutting and doing all of those other things because that's where 2K ball has the leg up on Madden. 2K's footwork is superior.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 26

Man Adem D is Ian's biggest fan, you cannot make a post without him coming to the defense of any perceived slight. Bottom line is that in the vid shown, the APK animations were far better than the ones shown in Madden to date.

Edit. I second Watcher's statement. 2k running was wack but the cutting was spot on. And don't tell me you can't plant and switch at full speed ro close to it. I went to TCU during the LT era, and I know him personally, I know it can be done, dude invented the L2 juke LOL

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 03-19-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
what does that really tell you about Madden Dev's?? hmm...

Past or present? I would think the jury is out till we see the product.

I loved the APF cut's, they are supreme.

I will hold off judgments on the Madden 10 screen as it is still a WIP. Past Maddens, not even close, it's APF in the planting and cutting areas.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

In all honesty, the videos don't do APF justice. The weight you feel with the players in APF is vastly superior to Madden. You can feel the difference between Christian Okoye and OJ Simpson more than you can in Madden (and not in that cheesy NCAA Football way).
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
Like I have said before you cannot compare 2K football to Madden football, as far as animations it's just not fair. 2K football is far more superior the Madden. That video clip is one of the many perfect examples. period.
The crazy thing about it is 2k8 wasn't even Next Gen?? While im hoping the best for Madden this year, what does that really tell you about Madden Dev's?? hmm...
I hate getting into these debates but 2k8 wasnt next gen? Ummm....it was released on the ps3 and 360, right?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Great video.

Even if it wasn't a precise comparison, it's good to see once again how APF 2K8 handled running animations. But yeah, we have to wait to see examples of Madden 10's functional speed animations.

Still, nice job. The music is pretty trippy, too. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That's why screen passes are so ineffective in ESPN/APF... the moment your offensive player catches the ball, the defender hyper-turns... basically instantly is facing the other direction... and tackles you.
I don't know what game you played, but I used to gash the defense with screen passes. Especially with Walter Payton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »