Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Michael Young screen shot blog is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Actually they have all the players wearing adams helmets for some reason.......... I think they are going to go through every player and get their equipment right because one of the players somehow has an adams helmet with a revolution facemask.
I feel left out, I know nothing about facemasks. NOTHING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #66
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/03/24/ncaa-football-10-pocket-protection.aspx

If ncaa10 has got a pocket then so must M10 right?? here's hoping?!?!

NCAA Football 10: Pocket Protection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I am really happy they posted this. I know that the NCAA faithful were starting to get really upset with all of the new Madden stuff dropping and them feeling stuck with just having that one old shot of the line all stuck in the middle of the field.

We're waiting a little longer to unveil some of the real nitty-gritty details and tech behind OL/DL interaction (because it's still very much in progress), but at least with them dropping this now, it should confirm to you all that we are definitely not going to let this area go untouched...we are hoping to make major strides here just like so many other areas.

In short, it might be a while before you get more detail on how it all works...but now you all can at least know it is very high on our list.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...73-post14.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039341373
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 15

Wow all this looks so great!!!! I cant believe how many improvements they are making to the game and it is still MARCH!!! This development team is really setting a standard for how much can be done to a game in ONE year. I am as optimistic as it gets when it comes to Madden but even I did not think they could turn this game into something great in just one year. These guys are flat out amazing at what they do.

Anyone else notice that over the last week they have started giving out much more information and more open to answering questions? Between the blogs, the developers Twitters and just their random posts in answering questions things are starting to really open up. That is HUGE news for the weeks and months ahead.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #68
Rookie

bronxct1's Arena

OVR: 4

Question: If we play an exhibition game with say the steelers vs. giants and pick Arrow Head stadium as a neutral site. Will it still show chiefs endzones or will they dynamically change ala the Superbowl style? Or can we pick the superbowl stadium to have that effect in exhibition?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'm very happy about this. The one other VERY important part of this fix though, is also getting the actual names correct. For example, you wanna make sure Champ Bailey's tag says "Bailey" and not "C.Bailey". That kind of thing. What I would do if this hasn't been done already, is take the most recognizable players in the NFL (Top players at their positions and work my down) and make sure those guys have their nameplate names right. Then after the most recognizable players are complete, I'd start working my way down to the grunt players.

If the 3rd string Linebacker for the Bengals has the nameplate name wrong I won't care and probably wouldn't even be paying attention, or may not even know what it's supposed to look like. But if Ray Lewis's is wrong, I'm going to notice that immediately.

So top players first, then trickle down.
Great post!

I totally agree here. It was very frustrating a few years ago when Madden showed Brady's jersey as "T. BRADY" because Kyle Brady was their TE. I know some players have had that spelled out, but really that's what the numbers are for, IMO. This shouldn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things, but it is very noticeable on the top tier players...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 9

Know what would be cool? If from now until the end of development Michael could post a short blog with a picture of one high profile player from each team. Although the art team is clearly doing a great job, the community might have suggestions on some of the big name players like they did with Ben which could help improve the realism in the model and the jerseys. I'd hate for Big Ben to be the only one to get the "special treatment" and not any others. Although I'm sure they're constantly tweaking them anyway.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #71
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxct1
Question: If we play an exhibition game with say the steelers vs. giants and pick Arrow Head stadium as a neutral site. Will it still show chiefs endzones or will they dynamically change ala the Superbowl style? Or can we pick the superbowl stadium to have that effect in exhibition?
I believe so, Im still wondering how this is going to work.

"Teams will wear Super Bowl patches on their jerseys for the big game, whether you are reliving Super Bowl XLIII or in year 30 of your franchise."

Im wondering if that means a madden moment or the ability to take any exhibition match and replay it in last years superbowl or the ability to start your franchise from last year or what but its cool either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #72
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
Great post!

I totally agree here. It was very frustrating a few years ago when Madden showed Brady's jersey as "T. BRADY" because Kyle Brady was their TE. I know some players have had that spelled out, but really that's what the numbers are for, IMO. This shouldn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things, but it is very noticeable on the top tier players...
As of last yeat in the nfl they removed any first initials from players with the same name. Goodell said that the numbers are how to differentiate the players so now all players with the same name on their jersey will go unchanged and have the exact same nameplate as the other players on the field with the same last name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »