Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: The New Franchise Blog!!!!!!!

I don't really know what to say.....

Obviously im delighted that they're attempting to fix the superficial problems with franchise mode (progression, regression, ai, draft) and while im aware that this is only the first "franchise blog"... i was really hoping for some depth info.... like how in HEAD COACH, one mans rubbish was another man's gold because each player was more suited to a style of offense or defense.

ie- winfield is a 90 in a "cover 2" but an 82 in a "ball hawk" setting.

They've fixed the mimimum i expected with this blog and that is a good thing... just hope there's more to come.

One word...

CONTENT
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
"The “potential” rating is another sort of ‘hidden’ addition that we are changing up this year to impact progression (and Franchise mode overall). Every player in the game has a potential rating that he cannot exceed (a la NFL Head Coach 09). This year, we’re actually exposing that rating so you’ll have an idea why your player is not progressing - typically a situation where his potential is maxed out. Exposing this rating also help quite a bit in making personnel decisions when contracts are up. One key detail here is that you’ll only see potential for players on your own team. CPU player potentials will be hidden."

I know a lot of people wanted to see this make it into madden.
If its anything like Head Coach Ill scream....The two things about HC that bothered me the most outside of gameplay was the pre-created rookies and the cap limit on a players stats.

I like that there is a potential but if its like HCs then it just completely blows. They "thought" Matt Ryan and Joe Flaco and all the rookie RBs werent going to be anything beyond what their current stats were....Need I remind anyone the seasons each of those players had?

The pre-created rookies killed the replay value in HC. I pray that its not anything like the 4 classes of 15 years. Sure you may get a total of 60 classes but come on...HC forum turned into "hey look at this sleeper" and if you wanted to play the game over and you got the same class you knew who was what and where they would be drafted.

Ill wait to hear more details about each one and how close they are to HC before I say this is the very first post that has made me feel completely disgusted (as well as happy they fixed the logic.)
Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, the big guns haven't been announced, yet.

It's all in my sig.
So, merely hinting at something that could get the consumer base excited about their product is "showing their big guns"? Not even a word about a rehash of the presentation.

Wow. They must have some real bad *** content hidden up their sleeves.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
Excellent info, but I do have a slight worry over one aspect of the progression.

I don't want guys to regress quickly just because they reach a certain age. Look at guys like Driver and Tiki Barber who had their best seasons near the end of their careers (Driver is 34 and still going strong) so I hope there are guys that never progress much early in their career but suddenly reach a point in their career where they seem to actually "understand" the aspects of the game and have their best years.
"• Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, he’s going downhill at warp speed."

DO NOT LIKE. This better be addressed correctly. If a player has a great year, he shouldn't degress in overall just because he's getting older. Especially HB's.

Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook and LaDainian Tomlinson are all going to be 30-31 by the end of our first year in Franchise. So does that mean that even if those guys have a few great years (in the Franchise), they're still subject to having their overalls decrease instead of increase?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #37
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Can we just simulate a few months until madden comes out cause I cant wait!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If its anything like Head Coach Ill scream....The two things about HC that bothered me the most outside of gameplay was the pre-created rookies and the cap limit on a players stats.

I like that there is a potential but if its like HCs then it just completely blows. They "thought" Matt Ryan and Joe Flaco and all the rookie RBs werent going to be anything beyond what their current stats were....Need I remind anyone the seasons each of those players had?

The pre-created rookies killed the replay value in HC. I pray that its not anything like the 4 classes of 15 years. Sure you may get a total of 60 classes but come on...HC forum turned into "hey look at this sleeper" and if you wanted to play the game over and you got the same class you knew who was what and where they would be drafted.

Ill wait to hear more details about each one and how close they are to HC before I say this is the very first post that has made me feel completely disgusted (as well as happy they fixed the logic.)
This is appropriate..you have a point.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
As far as the potential ratings go, I think it would be nice if you hired a new coach (like a Rex Ryan or Todd Haley) and when they join your staff you should be able to see the potential ratings of the players those guys used to work with. Like we should be able to see the Ravens defensive personnel and the Card's offense potential ratings. Not the exact rating, just let's say have the rating 5 points off either way...
In addition to this, certain coaches should be able to squeeze a few more potential points of out some players. We've all seen it before when a coach helps a player reach that next level of play. Maybe this should just affect his progression rate, but there should be some type of system in place where a coach can really make an impact. He mentioned in the next blog there would be detail about coach boosts so could be something about it in there.

Also, I would like to know how the potential rating is determined in the first place? I never played head coach because I like playing the actual games so I'm not sure how this worked in that game. Is it just random or based on a formula of certain attributes? What determines that one player is capped at 90 overall where another is capped at 87 if they both come into the league at an 80?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 13

Seems to me like some people didnt read everything, because it obviously said there would be a few more franchise blogs and that this is just the base.

People wanting a HC09 franchise mode THIS year should just stick with HC for another year, because its not happening in one year.

Some people have really unrealistic expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »