Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: The New Franchise Blog!!!!!!!

Huh... not sure what to think. I was hopping to see a comment on certain attributes not progressing like SPD for example... I find it very unrealistic for a player to gain 3-5 points of SPD ... no one does that.
Quote:
The “potential” rating is another sort of ‘hidden’ addition that we are changing up this year to impact progression (and Franchise mode overall). Every player in the game has a potential rating that he cannot exceed (a la NFL Head Coach 09). This year, we’re actually exposing that rating so you’ll have an idea why your player is not progressing - typically a situation where his potential is maxed out. Exposing this rating also help quite a bit in making personnel decisions when contracts are up. One key detail here is that you’ll only see potential for players on your own team. CPU player potentials will be hidden.
Also this I don't agree with. I think it ruins some of the mystery to know the full potential. One twist that I'd be happy with is what Pro Evo Soccer is doing, where they show you the players growth curve (potential) but depending on the performance a player CAN exceed their potential... I think that goes a long way in keeping things a bit interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
"• Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, he’s going downhill at warp speed."

DO NOT LIKE. This better be addressed correctly. If a player has a great year, he shouldn't degress in overall just because he's getting older. Especially HB's.

Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook and LaDainian Tomlinson are all going to be 30-31 by the end of our first year in Franchise. So does that mean that even if those guys have a few great years (in the Franchise), they're still subject to having their overalls decrease instead of increase?
I do like it..look at all the RB's that drop off the face of the earth once they hit 30-32...you can name a few debatable guys but the majority are gone from the NFL and that is a fact.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #43
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I liked what I read. I'll step aside now so some of the others can jump off the cliff.
I think you should volunteer to act as Second for those who feel like committing Seppuku.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
(Waits for the shock and disappointment of the "inpatients" who were eagerly ancticipating something major)
Here Here Here!

All sound good. Of course, I was waiting for the back of the box Franchise feature.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
i was really hoping for some depth info.... like how in HEAD COACH, one mans rubbish was another man's gold because each player was more suited to a style of offense or defense.

ie- winfield is a 90 in a "cover 2" but an 82 in a "ball hawk" setting.
They should definitely include this in Madden. Same goes for an undersized DE. He could be a 72 at DE in the 4-3, 64 at DE in the 3-4, and 80 at OLB in the 3-4. Something like this would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Huh... not sure what to think. I was hopping to see a comment on certain attributes not progressing like SPD for example... I find it very unrealistic for a player to gain 3-5 points of SPD ... no one does that.

Also this I don't agree with. I think it ruins some of the mystery to know the full potential. One twist that I'd be happy with is what Pro Evo Soccer is doing, where they show you the players growth curve (potential) but depending on the performance a player CAN exceed their potential... I think that goes a long way in keeping things a bit interesting.
That would be a great fix instead of having pre-set max stats for a players "potential.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 39

this blog owns..

progression fixed
draft logic fixed
scouting fixed
contracts fixed

awesome news
Old 04-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Can we just simulate a few months until madden comes out cause I cant wait!!!
lol

I like the idea of pre-created rookies, it lets them do much more presentation. The whole "15 classes" thing didn't work too well in Head Coach, they should just choose a random class for each rookie each time you start franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »