Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: The New Franchise Blog!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I do like it..look at all the RB's that drop off the face of the earth once they hit 30-32...you can name a few debatable guys but the majority are gone from the NFL and that is a fact.
You seemed to have missed my point...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #50
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I am VERY worried about how older players will progress. I dread a madden 02 system where your first few years you go nuts, around year 7-10 you stableize and year 11-15 you plumit untill you have to retire. No matter how well you played you couldnever get Junior Seau or rich gannon to play like their real life counterparts AND keep their rattings up. It looks like there is no chance a Bret Favre player will be able to have a great season like he did his last year in Greenbay and be a 96 like he started out in 09.

I am glad to see the bit about how they will be judged by other palyers in the league, but, again, I fear the unrealistic DUMP of a player's ratting.

Lastly, any word on weekly progressions? I loved the week 5, 11, 17 progressions. I thought that was VERY sim. that allowed good players to go up as the year went on like Wess Wlker and players like Favre who underperformed to drop in steado f staying at their ratting all season long. It also allowed fora mid season turn around. maybe you start off cold and then got better stablisising your ratting.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
lol

I like the idea of pre-created rookies, it lets them do much more presentation. The whole "15 classes" thing didn't work too well in Head Coach, they should just choose a random class for each rookie each time you start franchise.
Pre created rookies I have no problem with.

Pre created draft classes....no one wants that, I dont think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 29

Midnight Launch... I'm there!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's nice to see that a player that has a great year will progress accordingly. The rookie scouting finally working is awesome news also.

One thing I was left wondering however is if they changed the boring interface of the franchise mode? The interface was always "bare bones" to me. Nothing exciting about it what so ever. I hope they changed it up some. IMO the out of game presentation is just as important as the in game presentation.

All in all a good blog. Thanks guys!!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

im hoping this year we can build new stadiums without relocating and when we do want to relocate we dont have to change unis or logos
just like the old days on ps2 and xbox

also minor thing - correct pro bowl helmets
blog was great though i just hope they dont make u change rbs as soon as urs hits 30
Old 04-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I do like it..look at all the RB's that drop off the face of the earth once they hit 30-32...you can name a few debatable guys but the majority are gone from the NFL and that is a fact.
We mean that though a lot of guys do drop off around age 30, there are guys like Thomas Jones (who rushed for over 1300 yds and 12 TDs if I remember), Jerome Bettis when he was playing, and guys like LT and Westbrook who are either or almost 30 who are all still playing at a high level.

We don't want our 29-year-old HB who just rushed for 1800 yds and 25 TDs (aka Priest Holmes in 2003 when he turned 30) to have that kind of season and then drop from a 97 OVR to a 92 OVR just because he turned 30.

Though that's where the potential rating could come in handy if done correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #56
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

For all you HC guys, what does he mean by
Quote:
We now create every rookie by hand, just like you saw in NFL Head Coach ’09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »