Home

Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #105
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File

Would anyone mind posting the Browns picks overall ratings?

1) C- Alex Mack
2) WR -Brian Robiskie
2) WR - Mohamed Massaquoi
2) LB - David Veikune
4) LB - Kaluka Maiava
6) DB - Don Carey
6) DB - Coye Francies
6) RB - James Davis
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #106
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't have a much of a problem with the overall ratings I've seen on the rookies...... I am just puzzled on some of the physical attributes I'm seeing.

Donny said our input could still change some of the Rookie ratings..... I'd like for Donny to take a closer look at OLB Clay Matthews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI7dA...eature=related

He is rated a few points lower than USC teammate OLB Brian Cushing, which may be warranted, but I think Cushing shouldn't be rated faster, I think they should be at least equal in the speed department, and Matthews needs some pretty high acceleration. His 10 yd split was the fastest of any non-WR player at the entire Combine.

Even though I know Combine numbers aren't everything.... I think they need to be looked at, and considered as the main staring base..... that's what they're there for. If a player runs a great 40, then he should be considered fast until proven otherwise on game film. Some players are the opposite, and just seem to play faster than their 40 time would indicate. In those situations..... the players should be rated accordingly, within reason. The problem I'm seeing, is that some players have both..... good combine numbers, and look good on film, yet Donny still has them rated lower in areas like speed, acceleration, and strength, than others with equal or lesser Combine numbers.

The physical attributes should be the easiest for Donny to get right. It's the awareness, and skill sets that should be what really seperates the good from the bad. I really hate seeing inflated physical attributes on some players just to ensure that they are good. (Tom Brady's 99 throwing power was the biggest joke I've ever seen in a physical attribute.)

Here are the combine numbers for Matthews and Cushing. Look how close they are except for in Cushing's outstanding Bench reps......

Clay Matthews.......

40-yard dash: 4.62 (4th best for all LB's)

20-yard time: 2.68

10-yard time: 1.49

Bench press: 23 (tie for 7th for all LB's)

Vertical jump: 35 1/2 (tie for 3rd best for all LB's)

Broad jump: 10' 01" (3rd best for all LB's)

Cone drill: 6.90 (2nd best for all LB's)

20 yd. Shuttle: 4.18 (2nd best for all LB's)

Brian Cushing.........

40-yard Dash: 4.74 (7th best for all LB's)

20-yard split: 2.62

10-yard split: 1.53

Bench Press: 30 reps ( tie for1st among LBs)

Vertical jump: 35.0" (tie for 4th best for all LB's)

Broad jump: 10'0 (6th best for all LB's)

Cone drill: 6.84 (1st among LBs)
20 yd Shuttle: 4.22 (4th best for all LB's)

I'm not asking for a big increase in Matthews rating...... just a few tweaks here and there physically. Right now he is rated 75 overall, and Cushing is at 78. I'm ok with that, Cushing is a better tackler, has more experience (AWR), and is stronger...... but he's not faster, or quicker than Matthews..... His combine numbers prove it, and I've seen nothing on game film to think otherwise.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #107
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: All Rookie Ratings

I dont konw about you guys, but these ratings in my opinion dont conform to what i remembe beng a rethought ratings scale. I still se some guys with ratings that are a bit out of order or a bit too high.

Perfect example is leasean McCoy. He was considered the slowest RB out the bunch and didnt run well at all in the offseason but he has a 92 in spd. All of the top DEs have 80 in spd even though most of them were not considered edge rusher types. Maybin and English were widely considered the most explosive rush ends. The only Ends with over 80 spd should prolly be Micheal Johnson and Maybin.

It does seem to be in effect for corners and WRs though. However their route running and coverage stats seem a bit skewed.

Overall i think these ratings need a lot of work, or i will be doing a lot of teaking
Old 04-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #108
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

wonderfullllll...was really glad to see Michael Crabtree's overall rating being 84. So pleased the 49ers drafted him! Can't wait playing with the 49ers in madden 10.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #109
Rookie

someone on here said that Donny Moore has said "137 times" that 40-yard dash is not the only thing that goes into speed... what kind of logic is this? the 40-yard dash is used to measure LONG SPEED. There is NO OTHER GAUGE of long speed than the 40-yard dash, other than the 100-yard dash.

So what is Donny Moore using to determine speed? Because the "speed" rating should ONLY be long speed. That's why there is an acceleration rating to determine how QUICK guys are that do not necessarily have great long speed. And for a running back, that is usually better.

So whoever earlier complained about Tiquan Underwood, who ran one of the fastest 40s of all the receivers having the same speed rating as Chris Wells has a legit gripe. Wells is fast enough, but he is by NO means even within 10 yards of Tiquan in any sort of race down the field.

So I dunno what Donny uses to determine speed ratings, but it is way off. The ONLY thing he should use to determine speed ratings are 40 times bc how do you measure "game speed" vs 40 speed in madden? You simply cannot.

Also, How does Jeremy Maclin who didn't run sub-4.4 in the 40 have a speed rating SEVEN POINTS higher than Tiquan Underwood, who ran a 4.34. Just doesn't make sense. Is Maclin a better receiver? Absolutely. But is he faster than Tiquan Underwood? No sir, he is not.

That's like saying, well we haven't seen Usain Bolt run on a football field yet and we dunno if he has "game speed" even though he ran a 9.6 in the 100 meters. But wait, we all know that Bolt is the fastest man EVER, so if we created him he would get a 100 speed rating, right? So why does Tiquan Underwood, who has better long speed than Maclin get a lower speed rating? Maclin may appear faster bc of better acceleration, but long speed? Nope.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
someone on here said that Donny Moore has said "137 times" that 40-yard dash is not the only thing that goes into speed... what kind of logic is this? the 40-yard dash is used to measure LONG SPEED. There is NO OTHER GAUGE of long speed than the 40-yard dash, other than the 100-yard dash.

So what is Donny Moore using to determine speed? Because the "speed" rating should ONLY be long speed. That's why there is an acceleration rating to determine how QUICK guys are that do not necessarily have great long speed. And for a running back, that is usually better.

So whoever earlier complained about Tiquan Underwood, who ran one of the fastest 40s of all the receivers having the same speed rating as Chris Wells has a legit gripe. Wells is fast enough, but he is by NO means even within 10 yards of Tiquan in any sort of race down the field.

So I dunno what Donny uses to determine speed ratings, but it is way off. The ONLY thing he should use to determine speed ratings are 40 times bc how do you measure "game speed" vs 40 speed in madden? You simply cannot.

Also, How does Jeremy Maclin who didn't run sub-4.4 in the 40 have a speed rating SEVEN POINTS higher than Tiquan Underwood, who ran a 4.34. Just doesn't make sense. Is Maclin a better receiver? Absolutely. But is he faster than Tiquan Underwood? No sir, he is not.

That's like saying, well we haven't seen Usain Bolt run on a football field yet and we dunno if he has "game speed" even though he ran a 9.6 in the 100 meters. But wait, we all know that Bolt is the fastest man EVER, so if we created him he would get a 100 speed rating, right? So why does Tiquan Underwood, who has better long speed than Maclin get a lower speed rating? Maclin may appear faster bc of better acceleration, but long speed? Nope.
just because Maclin ran a 4.45 or whatever at the combine doesn't mean that's how fast he is. in a highlight I saw of his from college the announcer clearly said he ran a 4.3... so maybe he just had a bad day at the combine. just put on the game tape. the kid is a burner and always separated himself by far. his long speed is damn fast.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #111
Rookie

Also, Connor Barwin ran a 4.54 in the 40 yard dash and has a speed rating 5 points lower than Chris Wells despite his 40 time being .02 faster than Wells. Barwin could totally run down Wells from behind. Barwin also ran the fastest 40 time of ANY front seven player. So why is his speed rating 2 points lower than Michael Johnson, who barely ran a 4.6.

Michael might be quicker off the ball than barwin, but he is not faster than Barwin.

Also, I dunno which Louis Delmas Donny watched in College, but he should have one of the highest Hit Power ratings in the game. The dude is the hardest hitting safety in the draft and can absolutely bring the wood. Also, I know he played Free Safety in college, but he will be a Strong Safety in the NFL and they will use him like Roy Williams in Dallas bc he is a total liability in coverage.

So Delmas' coverage ratings should be lower and his tackling and hit power should be way higher. Just sayin'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #112
Rookie

Yeah, but again, we dunno if Maclin truly ran a 4.3 bc we dont have the stats. And remember, if he did run a 4.3, it probably wasnt officially timed like at the Combine. The combine is an EXACT 40 time bc of the tape. Maybe he did have a bad combine, but Tiquan Underwood should at least be equally as fast as Maclin bc the numbers say so. That's all I'm saying. If you put Tiquan Underwood and Maclin in a race, it would be pretty close to a dead heat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »