Home

EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch????

This is a discussion on EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
See I can't really place blame on a site for this... I mean heck, just go to youtube and type in "madden rocket catch". In todays world its just too easy to get this information no matter what... its really on EA to design a game that doesn't have these flaws, or to put in a very strong patching effort as these exploits are discovered.
I'm not blaming, im stating fact. I am a big fan of TML, where do you think many of tactics shown in those YouTube videos originate from? They provide a service for a fee. They show the absolute best tactics for winning games. Sometimes, this is a glitch. Sometimes, its just a very creative play design. But there is No Doubt about it, sites like TML and VG have given the average joe the tools to win, at any cost, and this has diluted the quality of play online. BUT, its exposure to tactics that Are IN THE GAME, and like it or not, they are there for Anyone to do. And the only way this type of play will be stopped, is if the designers change the way the game is played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Even if they take the "Rocket Catch" animation out of the game, their will still be animations that you can trigger that are highly effective. It has been like that in almost every year of Madden. People will find out how to exploit the user catch no matter what.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
I'm not blaming, im stating fact. I am a big fan of TML, where do you think many of tactics shown in those YouTube videos originate from? They provide a service for a fee. They show the absolute best tactics for winning games. Sometimes, this is a glitch. Sometimes, its just a very creative play design. But there is No Doubt about it, sites like TML and VG have given the average joe the tools to win, at any cost, and this has diluted the quality of play online. BUT, its exposure to tactics that Are IN THE GAME, and like it or not, they are there for Anyone to do. And the only way this type of play will be stopped, is if the designers change the way the game is played.
We can certainly agree on that
Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTaNx10xViNcE
Even if they take the "Rocket Catch" animation out of the game, their will still be animations that you can trigger that are highly effective. It has been like that in almost every year of Madden. People will find out how to exploit the user catch no matter what.
This is one of those things that intrigues me about Backbreaker... I wonder how this stuff will play out when in theory no animation will be exactly the same?... or maybe that's just limited to tackles... not sure.

But yes, to have a football game that is 100% level, with no unfair advantages for O or D is truly the holy grail and personally I believe that the PS2 game got VERY close to that. Yes manual catching was there but at the same time it was also very defendable.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #85
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't want to come off as bashing tourney players. I'm just frustrated with the rocket catch and nano blitzing. If they were eliminated, I think it would benefit the tourney scene more if everyone could play competitively with sim football without exploits
Old 05-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Down
What's going on guys? I go by ShutDown, I'm from TML and a tournament style player. I read the entire thread and both sides have valid arguments about the whole "sim-style" or "tournament-style" of player.

The problem with tournament style guys is we do whatever it takes to win. Sure we RC or nano if needed, but you cannot blame us for wanting to win a tournament for which we traveled hours and paid money to attend. At the same time, I feel that we are negatively grouped together and all thrown into the "tourny player label." I think a few of you would be surprised to find out exactly how much football knowledge and schemes some of us actually have. There are so many players that are great at creating schemes and playing football, but once they add a tactic to win a competitvely tournament, all respect is lost by the majority of you.

Now to the "sim style" guys...How many of you can define what a "sim" game is? I think if 10 people were asked that question, there would be 10 different answers. No disrespect at all, but the common thought of most tournament players about sim guys is that once the "sim-style" player can't stop something, they just ban it and say "it isn't sim to do ____." I'm sure you guys really enjoy the game for what it is and play real football. That's great, because the truth is, players like you are the clear majority of the Madden community.

Now, I would like to play any of you guys who believe a tournament style player does not know football or scheming. But, we must be clear on the rules. Of course: No rocket catching. If anyone would like to play me in a game of your rules of a "sim game" please respond here. I am in no way attempting to call you out but more as prove that the tournament guys can play real football. My xbox360 currently has the RROD but I can easily get access to a system to play a game if anyone would like.

I know I typed a lot to read but thank you for those who actually read.
If i still owned Madden 09 i would. But i comes down to this.......At SOME point, MOST, not all, will resort to some goofy Exploit/Cheeze tactic to get the edge. Its not your fault, but there are things like the way you have grown COMFORTABLE with a certain CHEEZE style. Hence, they will do things without even realizing it.

the bottom-line is this, MADDEN caters to the Cheerer crowd. Lets tourney's run in a certain way which promotes cheezing for entertainment value. Sure, alot of the tourney guys know football and how to scheme. But when push comes to shove, SIM is not their cup of tea.

And just for the hell of it, here is MY definition of "SIM".

Play the game of football, not the football GAME. By this i mean, play the game as if you were an actual NFL coach. If there is an exploit well known or not, it CANNOT BE USED PERIOD. Punt in situations based on UP FRONT rules. Pretty much, as of the latest versions of Madden have shown us, play within realistic boundaries by handicapping YOURSELF due to ALL THE SHORTCOMINGS in the game which cannot be fixed.

No subbing players in positions THEY WOULD NEVER PLAY even tho the game does not penalize for it (CB's at DE. WR at OLB/DE, WR at QB for the WHOLE GAME etc ). Cannot audible CONSTANTLY just to get stupid match-ups that would fail 100% of the time in the NFL. For example....Come out in Dollar only to audible to a 3-4 or 4-3 so your DB/CB lines up at DE or ILB. Cannot hurry up til the end of the half or the game. no hurry up after incomplete passes/drops etc.

The above are some of the ground rules for my former league (which fizzled due to the HUGE issues with the realism of M09). Games overall were fun and SOMEWHAT realistic. But the overall game itself was the issue.

Just play str8 up and dont us exploits and the games poor design as your crutch.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 05-08-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #87
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I think its funny that people hate on other people for using the RC when they should be upset with the game for putting it in there in the first place.
If I Shot Your Mother, Would You Be Mad At The Gun????
Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
If I Shot Your Mother, Would You Be Mad At The Gun????
Not the same thing. The gun is doing its job as advertised.

If Madden worked as advertised (Football sim, if its in the game its in the game) then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »