Home

Has the challenge nonsense been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the challenge nonsense been fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Has the challenge nonsense been fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNISJR60
No response on this yet? It's funny this thread was posted, because the screwed up challenge system screwed me on my franchise last night...
Still playing madden 09 franchise? Cheers to you for being able to handle it. I keep trying but just get bored after a few games.

I think it would be cool if they added plays where a guy gets hit, fumbles, but the refs rule him down by contact. That would cause plenty of rage for the player much like it causes rage for the coaches IRL. Just a little thought, haha.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
The game is supposed to be a simulation, part of that would be simulating human error, not only for the players, but the refs too.
That's true, but when the system's not implemented correctly it just becomes annoying. When every time a ball comes loose its ruled a fumble on the field, it's not sim. Especially if it's a receiver getting the ball knocked loose on the catch and you can't even challenge that it is an incompletion (at least that's how it was last-gen).

There are so many problems with the challenge system that have always been there in the Madden series, and I would rather have an option to just turn it off completely than have to deal with it.

As for 2k doing it right, they did have a better system, but I remember on 2k5 if they overturned a completion and called it incomplete it would mess with your stats. Say it was the first pass of the game and it was a 10 yard completion that was overturned... they would have it as being 1-2 for 10 yards instead of 0-1.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

That reminds me of a situation when the AI caught a ball CLEARLY out of bounds in the final 4 seconds of the game. The booth reviewed the play and overturned it. The AI went to kick a 40 yard FG to erase me from the playoffs....

Oh man... my anger was legendary that day.

The Challenge system was always broken and it will remain that way unless we all stop talking about cleat colors and helmet sizes and talk about gameplay tweaks.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #20
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken986
That reminds me of a situation when the AI caught a ball CLEARLY out of bounds in the final 4 seconds of the game. The booth reviewed the play and overturned it. The AI went to kick a 40 yard FG to erase me from the playoffs....

The Challenge system was always broken and it will remain that way unless we all stop talking about cleat colors and helmet sizes and talk about gameplay tweaks.
Oh PUHLEEZE! Art Department is separate from the gameplay or w/e the Challenge system is done by.

Dont try to blame something else, for the challenge system not being fixed.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken986

LOL!! Legendary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #22
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14

Last night i played against a guy online and after the kickoff he hit stick the returner my player fumble the ball and he picked the ball up and carried it for a TD then immediately he called a timeout but my player was down before the ball camed out but since he called a timeout when i press start to challenge the play it wasn't there because he called a timeout, so all i could of do was let him kick the extra point. PLEASE don't let this be in madden 10 The guy did know what he was doing when he did this
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 06-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #23
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Any madden player who has logged in a few hours will at some point see a Botched call that either cannot be reviewed or it is reviewed and the play is still ruled incorrect.

i hope this is fixed, There is nothing worse than losing a game you know you won.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #24
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopper654
ESPN NFL 2k5 had the right kind of challenge too and that was 5 years ago
This.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »