Home

Madden Release Day Patch

This is a discussion on Madden Release Day Patch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden Release Day Patch

Heck, I wish they would add some play by play commentary during the halftime show highlights, like Ian mentioned that they would do in a patch after the game has been released, also how about some highlights during the extra point show in franchise( I know its a stretch), but hopefully he keeps with his word and add commentary during the halftime and end of game show.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i know people get upset that they have to release a patch on release day but i dont mind because at least theyre working on improving the game to make sure its as good as it can be.
Yes I don't like it and I'll tell you why. If I am not mistaken they are only allowed two patches per game. Using a patch on release day limits you to one additional patch and that may not be enough if there are several issues with a game.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
Yes I don't like it and I'll tell you why. If I am not mistaken they are only allowed two patches per game. Using a patch on release day limits you to one additional patch and that may not be enough if there are several issues with a game.
I disagree with that sentiment. From going gold until now, they will find a ton of bugs. First impressions are huge, and getting those fixed from the get-go is important, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
didnt know they only get 2 patches but if you figure they do one by release and then one maybe sept or oct that should be all you need. Anything after that they're already working on the next year's version.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
didnt know they only get 2 patches but if you figure they do one by release and then one maybe sept or oct that should be all you need. Anything after that they're already working on the next year's version.
You are right about the fact that they need to get going on next year's version. For some reason I was thinking there was still a major issue that couldn't be patched on 09 because they had already used both patches. Oh well, I still had fun and I'm still having fun with 09 so it's cool.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

In the broadcast camera thread Ian mentioned that the first patch will focus primarily on online dynasty issues. He also mentioned that he was optimistic that a broadcast camera could be added either via a second patch or DLC with a target date of mid-September. That was about a week ago, give or take, that he posted in that thread.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
In the broadcast camera thread Ian mentioned that the first patch will focus primarily on online dynasty issues. He also mentioned that he was optimistic that a broadcast camera could be added either via a second patch or DLC with a target date of mid-September. That was about a week ago, give or take, that he posted in that thread.
good to know, thanks. hopefully there's a bunch more included too though. i guess we'll find out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
From the demo, I hope they fix or tweaked how and when players break tackles,
even though Brandon Jacobs is big, I really don't see him breaking a 3 man tackle ..
I broke a 4 man tackle with BJ on All-Pro.

It feels good when you pull it off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »