Home

lets talk "wildcat" defense

This is a discussion on lets talk "wildcat" defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
lets talk "wildcat" defense

the wildcat is WAY too effective this year and it is kicking my *** online. seems everyone runs the play where the "QB" fakes the handoff to the guy in motion and follows him on a sweep to the outside.

it seems so poorly defeneded. all my guys suck to the LOS leaving a ton of room to the outside.

just played a guy who had no businuess being in the game with me but 3 wildcat runs of 60+ yards keep him close.

this **** is so old already

the dolphins pats game last year was the worst thing to happen to madden 10.

so what kind of D have you guys found that works well against this(online)

seems so easy to burn the D to the outside.

im debating just not playing guys that use playbooks with the wildcat form in them.

does someone have a list of all the playbooks that have the wildcat?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: lets talk "wildcat" defense

Trust me bro I know I made a thread about this where most guys just laughed at me. Facing this garbage makes me want to puke. Last night I was playing a guy that Totally sucked but his BS WILDCRAP offense kept him in the game. He was doing an option play outta it that I would blow up just to watch his QB late pitch way worse then ncaa everytime. Wildcat allows way too many huge plays. Plus you cant blitz everyone because some guys can throw out of it too. So far this game on allpro suks online if you ask me. Slow speed, defense suks they cant play the flats like last years ncaa they drop back too far. On All Madden this is not much of an issue ALLPRO so far = MARIO KART!!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

I agree with you on the wildcat sooner but the rest you are totally wrong...another cheese play out of the wildcat is the jet sweep to the HB...even if I blitz and crash the side that it is going to they still get 4 yards or so..
Old 08-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

I bumped up my other thread about it. These guys have no idea what they are in for when they run across someone who does this the whole game. Wait till you see the horrid option pitch lol.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Honestly, this just sounds normal to me. I know I might be stretching, but it seems similar to when the Patriots first saw it last year. They were run over like road kill. As you see it more and more, you'll adapt to it and find a way to shut it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

CB blitz stops it.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

i cringed when they announced the W-Crap was in the game this year. WAY too much opportunity for cheese. trust me, next year one of 2 things will happen

1-WC COMPLETELY redone and new run defenses to counter it.

2-WC gone altogether.

IMO...We wont see the WC in the NFL next year. It is a gimmick play IRL and midway through the season last year, the success the FINS had with it went down substantially. Stupid that it is in M10 period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »