Home

How messed up is this?

This is a discussion on How messed up is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: How messed up is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasg
You are wrong, thats an incomplete pass. It does sucks how the QB is avoiding the sack, but its an incomplete pass.
A backwards pass that strikes the ground is a fumble. I mean, that's just from the NFL rule book. So I guess its wrong too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is one of the game-breaking issues for me right now. If you use custom sliders and slower game speed, QBs WILL NOT be sacked. It doesn't happen. At best, people apparently manage 2 or 3 per game. If you get close to them, they throw it. Anywhere. Into any coverage. They refuse to just take a sack - even on first down...even when it would be a three yard loss.

It's one of a few terrible blemishes on a promising game. It's taken the fun out for me, for sure, unfortunately. I just posted a thread related to my other big "This game is broken" gripe of the moment:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040029475
Old 08-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Should be considered a lateral pass. Which is a live ball. There should've been some other type of animation there that looked like either a lost fumble on the hit or the AI should've tried to tuck the ball while falling. Gotta agree, that looked pretty bad. Haven't seen that one yet....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
A backwards pass that strikes the ground is a fumble. I mean, that's just from the NFL rule book. So I guess its wrong too?
but that it is not a backwards pass, if you watch carefully Mcnabb is standing almost at the 33 yardline and when the ball hits the ground its between the 34-35.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasg
but that it is not a backwards pass, if you watch carefully Mcnabb is standing almost at the 33 yardline and when the ball hits the ground its between the 34-35.
Wow, your totally right. I mean now that you explain it that way, I see what your saying. No way that ball was thrown backwards. Your right, sorry.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Wow, your totally right. I mean now that you explain it that way, I see what your saying. No way that ball was thrown backwards. Your right, sorry.
Do you need to be a total a$$ to everyone that disagrees with you? This is the third thread Ive seen you talking down to everyone that didnt agree with you.

It was a forward pass, barely. He was right on the 34 yard line when he threw it, and it landed right by the 35.

Either way, its irrelevant. What it definitely wasnt was a regular incomplete pass, and thats my point. No need to argue about it.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

The only way it wouldn't have been called grounding would be because he started his throwing motion and then was hit. I guess it doesn't matter that his back was to the line of scrimmage. Maybe McNabb is so great that he can throw backwards?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Do you need to be a total a$$ to everyone that disagrees with you? This is the third thread Ive seen you talking down to everyone that didnt agree with you.

It was a forward pass, barely. He was right on the 34 yard line when he threw it, and it landed right by the 35.

Either way, its irrelevant. What it definitely wasnt was a regular incomplete pass, and thats my point. No need to argue about it.
Its clear by how the ball rolls...it was going backwards. The guy is saying the NFL rulebook is wrong, its not open for discussion...its a black and white rule book.

After the 3rd time explaining something, its pretty frustrating to be told your wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »