Home

Speed Threshold Talk!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold Talk!!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Speed Threshold Talk!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Cool. Another thread with an interesting topic that I care about and I go through nearly 10 pages and still have no real answers about speed threshold. This is about as frustrating as pouring through the slider threads.

Oh well, my knowledge of track and field has at least quadrupled.
LOL !!!!! Wow I really did LOL. I never thought Usian Jusian or whatever his name is Bolt would matter so much when discussion about the speed Threshold in Madden. But to hopefully answer your question.

When you lower threshold it makes the speed guys really stand out a 94 speed guy will be a lot faster than a 92 speed guy with threshold anything lower than 30. If you want the 92 speed guy to keep up with the 94 speed guy then have your threshold above 60. Now here is my question, why should the slower guy be able to keep up?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #90
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
LOL !!!!! Wow I really did LOL. I never thought Usian Jusian or whatever his name is Bolt would matter so much when discussion about the speed Threshold in Madden. But to hopefully answer your question.

When you lower threshold it makes the speed guys really stand out a 94 speed guy will be a lot faster than a 92 speed guy with threshold anything lower than 30. If you want the 92 speed guy to keep up with the 94 speed guy then have your threshold above 60. Now here is my question, why should the slower guy be able to keep up?
Because I've lead the league in rushing in my last 3 season (playing every game mind you). With Westbrook and Vick.

I guess upping the speed threshold makes rushing harder?

Otherwise, I see no other reason than to fix the terrible pursuit angles by raising the speed threshold.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 AM   #91
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Because I've lead the league in rushing in my last 3 season (playing every game mind you). With Westbrook and Vick.

I guess upping the speed threshold makes rushing harder?

Otherwise, I see no other reason than to fix the terrible pursuit angles by raising the speed threshold.
Well if Westbrook ever played 16 games he might lead the league in rushing. But I totally agree with you the pursuit angles are a complete joke, like I said before this is a potential game killer and MUST be patched!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #92
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Well if Westbrook ever played 16 games he might lead the league in rushing. But I totally agree with you the pursuit angles are a complete joke, like I said before this is a potential game killer and MUST be patched!
Actually lowering it will HELP the pursuit angles....Most DB's in the game are faster than the HB's and most starting LB's is just as fast as the middle of the pack RB's in the game, by you raising the difference its making Westbrook run just as fast as Cromartie...Lowering it will help...

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-25-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #93
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I dunno. Maybe it's the teams I'm using as they don't have a ton of elite speed guys, but I'm finding "Normal" speed at ZERO threshold to play quite well. It seems to address some of the "sped up AI" issues (where the players randomly get a super speed burst) across the board.

I use them with playmaker's Normal speed slider set and have been getting some good results. His sliders plus the zero threshold have been the difference in me rushing this back to blockbuster and now finally getting into it.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dude if you guys listen madden can become really good leave your threshold at 0 players run at natural speed trust me you will not lead the leage in rushing. Jukemans sliders are good try them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »