Home

As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

This is a discussion on As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #33
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: As We Wait For These "Bad@$$" Patches Where Do You Stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playalistic
EA Sports was freaking awesome for a while. Madden, NCAA, Triple Play, Fight Night, and NBA Live where my favorite sports games. As time passed each of these series has fallen off imo for whatever reason. Triple Play doesn't exist, NBA 2k took Live's thunder, and Fight Night was ruined. Madden and NCAA where my last hopes (good thing football is my fav. sport).

Well we get to this generation of games and ea has totally crapped the bed with regards to their football games. I don't even want to go into this exclusivity bs but i can say with 100% honesty that ea is ruining football gaming for me. This was the first year that i skipped my fav. game NCAA. I finally played NCAA last week and it was like someone kicked my dog.

i said to myself before these games dropped that since i knew NCAA was going to be bad Madden was going to be the last chance ea gets from me. the previews had me excited and i really liked the game at first. however, as time passed (not very long obviously) the glaring flaws in this game have worn thin on me. this series is the epitome of sweeping problems under the rug.

i've seen a lot of people tip toe around this for the past week or so but i'll come out and say that i feel flat out lied to by the madden devs. straight up there's no way to spin it. if i promise you something and i don't do it then that's a lie. i don't see how that's is debatable. and it's not just one lie there are countless posts on here questioning where features are that were promised to be in the game.

but there are no answers because people are on vacation right? i guess twitter is the only website they can access. i can only speak for myself but if i worked my *** off for a year on something damn if i'm on vacation i'm going to look at the feedback .bottom line is this i understand everything can't be patched but i expect some serious patch work. Madden 10 is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. i've quit every other ea game and Madden is next in line unless they pull a rabbit out the hat. incompetence is one thing, lying is another and i have no patience to accept being lied to.

so what say you? where do you stand? are you still rocking with these guys? do you feel mislead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well sorry you feel betrayed but you really shouldn't go around believing everything you read, especially when the person you hear it from has a profit motive, but I'll let you live and learn.

I love how people diss NCAA Football but in reality it's improvements are on the same scale as Madden 10. NOTICE I didnt say which game was better I simply stated their "improvements" were on a similar scale.

I'm convinced that most people who are dissappointed with this game, read the blogs, the ridiculous "Ian is God" posts, saw the marketing hype, etc and then allowed themselves to believe this was going to be the greatest game ever made. Don't get upset now because you let yourself get suckered by the machine. The people behind this game produced exactly what they promised. An improved Madden game. Nothing more nothing less.
Solid post guys. Accurate to a "T".

For me it took only 1 game with Madden 10 to realize that this game is just another dissapointment. What is sad is that Madden made improvements but how hard is that when the games behind it was just horrible. Making the improvements were easy , but since the games behind it were so bad that now these improvements seem like a GIFT FROM GOD.

The reality is the improvements are nothing major. The features they added should have long been in the game. This engine is so bad that it took them 5 years just to give us 2 extra camera angles. They have a hard time with bugs on this engine its crazy.

I know for some this game is solid, but like I posted before when the novelty wears off this game will be nothing more than a paper weight. I see some in here praise this game to be something great, but I know its not their fault. I mean come on look at what they had to choose from since Madden 06.

Ian is just doing his job, and its no one faults but their own to believe his hype. He works for EA and has a goal to sell his product, so don't ever ever ever expect him to admit a flaw in the game, or the degree to where this game delivers and fails at.

The proof was in his video hyping up Madden 09, and we all know how that turned out.
You cant blame him. EA pays the dude big bucks and he has to promote his work.

I for one gave him the benefit of the doubt, but wasn't going to be convinced till the game was released. This is why I rented it, and I'm very happy I did. I'm no fool.

The original OP is just one of many that will be posting up how the game got tired on them, so be ready for more to come.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhammer
I usually stay away from these types of threads... actually not much of a poster at all really, just look at my stats...hehe. But I have an opinion on this matter.

Ian and crew have brought my Enthusiasm for this game back from the grave. The improvements we've seen this year are the biggest jump since PS2 days. With Slider adjustments and investing some time into getting the AI to where you want it, This game is Fantasic.

I know there are some who say" You shouldn't have to tweak anything, it should be perfect out of the box." I will argue against that because with the ability to change and adjust the AI, we have Options. The Sim guys can be happy because he can rebuild the 0-16 Lions to Glory and not feel like he cheesed his way there. The Arcade guys can be happy by adjusting threshhold so that your 350lb DT can run down Adrian Peterson and slam him to the turf. We have a chance to make the game what we want it to be.

Alot of the people on these forums have a tendency to follow pack. They will see 3 or 4 people say they dislike the game and all of a sudden they don't like the game. And then they will go post their opinion of not liking the game, having not even played it for themselves. This game really needs to be given a chance, and by chance I mean play a couple games, fiddle with settings, play a couple more games. Give it a chance.

As far as patches, I will most likely be even happier after that point. This game really is a vast improvement over 09 and fixing some of the little quirky things will make it even better.
Well said and completely agree. I'm loving this game!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #35
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
I usually stay away from these types of threads... actually not much of a poster at all really, just look at my stats...hehe. But I have an opinion on this matter.

Ian and crew have brought my Enthusiasm for this game back from the grave. The improvements we've seen this year are the biggest jump since PS2 days. With Slider adjustments and investing some time into getting the AI to where you want it, This game is Fantasic.

I know there are some who say" You shouldn't have to tweak anything, it should be perfect out of the box." I will argue against that because with the ability to change and adjust the AI, we have Options. The Sim guys can be happy because he can rebuild the 0-16 Lions to Glory and not feel like he cheesed his way there. The Arcade guys can be happy by adjusting threshhold so that your 350lb DT can run down Adrian Peterson and slam him to the turf. We have a chance to make the game what we want it to be.

Alot of the people on these forums have a tendency to follow pack. They will see 3 or 4 people say they dislike the game and all of a sudden they don't like the game. And then they will go post their opinion of not liking the game, having not even played it for themselves. This game really needs to be given a chance, and by chance I mean play a couple games, fiddle with settings, play a couple more games. Give it a chance.

As far as patches, I will most likely be even happier after that point. This game really is a vast improvement over 09 and fixing some of the little quirky things will make it even better.
I agree 100%! I love NBA2k9 but its not even close to right out the box. Once you adjust sliders this is a great game. And even "out the box" the improvements are great. I dont ask for prefection just a great game and IMO Madden 10 is it that.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
In fairness to Ian and those guys, they work their asses off in the 3-4 months before the game's release. 80-hour work weeks are the norm.
They deserve a vacation.
true, but they told us things that would be in the game that didnt end up in the game...they sort of lied to us...they could have atleast said x,y and z wont be in the game
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #37
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Lion this is not true at all. I hear what your saying and it's great that you like the game, and no one should try to change that, but don't say that people post their dislike of the game cause they see others post their unhappiness with Madden.

This is so far from the truth, and since you say that the same can be said when someone praises the game. I know you posted your feelings simply because you do like the game, not because you came here and saw a post that someone liked the game. Than it is not fair to make your statement.

This is Madden Lion , and if someone says they don't like it. Trust them they just don't like it. Remember its the only NFL game in the market, so they want to love the game cause the choices are just one.

It really is this simple. To some it just doesn't deliver, and to others it does.

Madden since the next gen has accomplish one thing for sure. Every year they keep losing more and more of their fan base. That's the truth.

everyone posting in these forums is posting what they feel. Like what you did.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-24-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
true, but they told us things that would be in the game that didnt end up in the game...they sort of lied to us...they could have atleast said x,y and z wont be in the game

I am not sure why this isn't a bigger bone of contention for all of the "IAN" disciples on here
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This is Madden Lion , and if someone says they don't like it. Trust them they just don't like it. Remember its the only NFL game in the market, so they want to love the game cause the choices are just one.
NP Tyrant, I was more implying I've seen alot of posts saying: "Oh wow, after seeing what you guys are saying, good thing I didn't get Madden this year."

Thats all I meant. If someone has put the time in and dislikes the game, I'm all for that . Its just upsetting when I see instances of what you see in my quotation marks. I value everyones opinion, as long as it is their own. I know what its like to have a different opinion...hehe, I think Halo is a god awful FPS
Old 08-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Alot of the people on these forums have a tendency to follow pack. They will see 3 or 4 people say they dislike the game and all of a sudden they don't like the game. .
meh, it goes both ways...especially whenever their vacationing idol chimed in...EA fanboys can be worse than the critics IMO..and i have played the **** out of this game....mainly trying/hoping to get the sliders to work decently

the game looks groovy but just doesnt play well...AT ALL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »