Home

expansion team

This is a discussion on expansion team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: expansion team

i tried the cupcake team thing and i dont mind the fake names as much as the cupcakes being a bunch of a,b and c potential players and all 50+ of them are rookies. I bet if u simmed the cupcakes for 3 years youd have a good young team. Why cant this be easy!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

if u can update the cupcake players u can make them like 20 overrall and 40 years old i guess, im considering this...
Old 08-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
Rookie

i wonder if i could start a franchise with sal. cap off so i can cut all the studs without getting $100 mill in cap penalties the next year and then turn it back on after. Then though i guess i could only relocate and existing team also. I have my rosters done now to where all team have only minimum amount of players and bills who i want to replace are all scrubs that will never be signed anyway so if they get deleted when i replace them who cares and since all teams need players the cpu will sign ex. bills,(t.o., m.lynch, l.mcelvin, etc.) and hopefully fa's c.mcalister and m.harrison. So if i pick fantasy draft and draft all the scrubs now on the bills ill have them and can cut them without big cap penalties and then get who i want from fa pool and a couple players from other teams and still suck to get a top pick next year.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #20
Rookie

ill mess with it later today and see what i can figure out. I dont mind some roster modding but for years have gotten too much into editing and with all the extra stat categories this year im not messing with that. Not sure if i wanna edit an entire teams ranking, age, etc either. but that could work probably!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

yea this is wat im gonna do.
- create cupcake team.
-Release Lions into free agency.
- edit all cupcake players to 20 ovr and 40 years old.
-cut teams to minimum players(thanks txfalcon)
-Release unwanted players ex: Derek Anderson/Kellen Clemens
-Make my team outta unwanted players and free agents and begin chise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #22
Rookie

so i found out you cannot start a franchise with cap off cut players and then turn it back on. Game wont let you. The best 2 ways to simulate an expansion without lots of good players disappearing from the game or being cloned and having to t.o's or c.mcalisters is to....................
edit rosters b4 you start chise like i did by cutting team you want to replace good players so they can be fa's and not disappear from game then sign a horrible 30, 40, 50 overall players to your team that youll replace later. Write those crubs names down! Then for your created team do a fantasy draft and pick those same scrubs. Dont take anyone from a team still in the league because then theyd be on your team and still on their original team. Then start chise, use your created team and cut scrubs you dont want without major cap implications (watch player bonuses). Sign fa's and trade for a couple medoicre players from other teams, etc. Also since in my pre chise rosters i cut all teams to league minimums, they will sign good fa's cut from (bills) that i replaced since i cut them on roster b4 replacing them. Or...........
you can use cupcake team for created team and edit them so they arent as good or all rookies, etc..
Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #23
Rookie

so im gonna either skip on doing a chise with my falcons or do one where i control falcons and use my created team to replace the bills. (boston shamrocks). later im gonna do the Vegas Vipers cuz vegas needs a team. Anyway i have it down now and believe the best way to sim an expansion is to edit rosters by cutting good players from team to be replaced and sign all the bottom feeder scrubs to fill bills roster. Write them down cuz youll need to draft those guys on the fantasy draft for your created team but not in the chise cuz then all nfl teams will draft. Then when you go into chise and replace team you can cut all super scrubs you drafted and not get slammed with cap penalties and sign fa's you want, etc.. Not as much work as it sounds. I have 2 rosters saved, 1 for this with the bills messed up and 1 for real with all teams the right way so if i wanna do another chise with a different team i just gotta release good players from that team and sign scrubs for them. I also maxed the replaced (BILLS) teams roster pre chise with max amount of players so when i draft the 50 the other 5 or whatever will go away and no loss cuz they shouldnt be on a team anyway. Seems like a better way than using cupcake team after cutting good players from replaced team and having to edit all of cupcakes and release them all into fa pool. ill post later to let you know how my first 10' chise goes with my new team!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #24
Rookie

so far its working great. still putting my team together after cutting all the fantasy drafted scrubs. I need a couple more guys and am looking at specific stat categories more then ovr. The only down side is that i replaced the bills so all their players are now fa's but the cpu will sign them. There is no other way around this except for all the bills to be gone from the game which is totally unreal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »