Home

expansion team

This is a discussion on expansion team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
expansion team

So what is the magic formula for doing an expansion type sim since its not "in the game". if you use a created team to replace a team, all of the "bills" players are deleted from game. if you do fantasy draft for created team, when you go into franchise the players you drafted are also still on their original team. 2 reggie waynes in the league, etc. And finally if you use a cupcake team it gives you a somewhat crappy team but with all rookies and i dont wanna release them into the fa pool cuz there are a bunch of a and b potential players that i dont want to flood the league with since the draft will do that anyway. Its a pain trying to figure this out. Anyway got an ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: expansion team

23 views but no one else knows either huh. Ill post if i figure it out.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

ive been trying to figure this out as well. Ive concluded its impossible. Wat i did was created a cupcake team, released teh players and signed free agents. Even this has major flaws.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Rookie

yeah it does. I tried it that way but didnt like the idea of all the rookies being in the fa pool and even though they were mostly rated in the 60's alot had a and b potential. The closest ive come so far is a pain but decide which team your gonna replace and edit rosters so that team has all scrubs from fa that wont be missed when you replace that team and those players dissapear. I also am cutting scrubs from all teams down to the minimum at each position so all the cpu teams will need fa's and will pick up the bills that i cut lose when i replaced them. Then i think maybe do fantasy draft and draft all the scrub bills that you can cut afterwards without $100 million in penalties. Ill let you know. i want a close as possible to real expansion type team. Not all 45-50's but alot of fa vets and youngesters with potential.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

alright. I've been praying for this feature since madden 04 when i was 10 years old lol, cause idk i get enough of my teams on tv and online and i wanna start a new thing. its very difficult. ur idea looks solid. another thing i was thinking about trying was to fantasize a little bit. Example, i replace Lions, so i pretend Matt Stafford slips down to the Rams, and stuff like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

I released all the above average texans players before I started. Then I just made my team in for the texans so the good players didnt get deleated. I was a cupcake/bad free agent team to start with.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

i bielive when u create ur team and go to choose the roster, u can pick the option for "fantasy team" where ur able to pick players from the actual teams, in which u would just pick the players from the team ur gonna b replacing
Old 08-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
i bielive when u create ur team and go to choose the roster, u can pick the option for "fantasy team" where ur able to pick players from the actual teams, in which u would just pick the players from the team ur gonna b replacing
if u do this the game creates duplicate players. ex: 2 chris mccalisters in the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »