Home

Roster Update - Offensive Pursuit

This is a discussion on Roster Update - Offensive Pursuit within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6
Roster Update - Offensive Pursuit

In Phil's thread concerning patches I noticed that there was something that was supposed to be in this Roster Update to combat INT returned for Touchdowns.

Has anyone noticed any difference after downloading the rosters? I have not had time to download them yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Roster Update - Offensive Pursuit

They've boosted every offensive player's pursuit rating by about 20 points... this means offensive players take better angle when trying to tackle from interceptions or missed field goal returns thus reducing the frequency of pick-6's and FG miss TD returns.

Don't know if it's worked yet.. im still waiting on the 1st patch before i start playing again.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

I was going to wait on the patches before I played again but my buddy talked me into playing last night. 2 gms, 16 turnovers, 4 pick 6's and 2 returned field goals for scores later...I think its going to take a little more than rating adjustments. We play 10 min qts, acc. clock on all madden(adjusted sliders)....won't play it again until October when the 2nd patch is hopefully out.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsubenvis
I was going to wait on the patches before I played again but my buddy talked me into playing last night. 2 gms, 16 turnovers, 4 pick 6's and 2 returned field goals for scores later...I think its going to take a little more than rating adjustments. We play 10 min qts, acc. clock on all madden(adjusted sliders)....won't play it again until October when the 2nd patch is hopefully out.
I never really had any complaints about Madden, but the fact that a lot of us are waiting for the first and second patch months after the release sucks for a couple of main reasons. The anticipation of the NFL season builds and season starts obviously this weekend, and to not be able to play a fixed game by now is terrible. The NFL season is only so long, ending in February, then the new Madden comes out 6 months later.

I don't know about anyone else, but my Madden play drops off after the season ends...So really my prime Madden playing is from release until around playoff time, if i last that long.

Basically it stinks that we have to wait for patches to fix a game with such a short window when we'll have to shell out another $60 relatively soon.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

^^^^
I kind of understand what you're saying but relatively soon? I dont get that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

if they could only confirm whether the patch 2 updates would work on a pre-existing franchise.

i could probably play a season or two with some of these issues (mainly stats--you can work around the other issues in offline) but for an extended period, i wouldn't want to play with all the problems because eventually the fun's taken out.

when i start a chise, i commit to that thing for well over 10 seasons so theres really my problem. if the patch 2 works just fine on a pre-existing 'chise, id be perfectly fine starting this thing up. like said before, this is the time when there's most excitement to play madden. but honestly, im thinking more november than october for the patch release, and if its october, its probably around halloween
Old 09-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
^^^^
I kind of understand what you're saying but relatively soon? I dont get that.

Relatively compared to the usual ip. Its a sports game so it you can call it apples vs. oranges, but it still is $60 for a game. Most games take years to create. By the time the patches come out it may very well be mid-late October, months after the game was released.

I'm just saying that the window is relatively small when a lot of people find the current bugs game-breaking. If someone wants, they can have the FB and the HB go to both flats every time. The only way to consistently stop it is to manually cover one of them, or have both CBs cover the flats themselves.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
In Phil's thread concerning patches I noticed that there was something that was supposed to be in this Roster Update to combat INT returned for Touchdowns.

Has anyone noticed any difference after downloading the rosters? I have not had time to download them yet.
i haven't really gotten to test it out much yet but i did play one offline quick game...got a pick and took it to the house. to me, it's not really the persuit angles on INT's but it's the situations. it seems like every time i get a pick, my defender is in a situation or position that's going to turn into a big gain - wide open space, not many offensive players around or in places they could cut me off. basically, on these pick 6's, all i have to do is press up and turbo instead of worry about pursuit angles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »