Home

Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Coach Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp3
dont get me wrong but why do people play coach mode dont you pay 60$ to play the the game.
It's a more realistic experience. Instead of challenging stick skills, it presents a challenge of football strategy. It is, in fact, playing the game the same way playing a war strategy game is playing the game although, yes, some people prefer first-person shooters.

I'd pay a lot more than $60 for the ultimate coach-mode football strategy game, but they have yet to make one that's really, really that good (with graphics, of course).
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
It's a more realistic experience. Instead of challenging stick skills, it presents a challenge of football strategy. It is, in fact, playing the game the same way playing a war strategy game is playing the game although, yes, some people prefer first-person shooters.

I'd pay a lot more than $60 for the ultimate coach-mode football strategy game, but they have yet to make one that's really, really that good (with graphics, of course).
They don't need a seperate game. If they just make Madden's franchise mode more in-depth (practice squads, better draft presentation, etc a la Head Coach) and keep a Coach Mode option (preferably like they used to have it, where the comp controls everything including kicking and defensive players) then it would be perfect.

I'm still ticked they messed with the feature...why control kicks? Why let someone play defense? If it's a coach mode, make it a coach mode.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

I love coach mode in Madden 10 as well. I play pretty much the same way/settings as Nolefan. I too use MySkill with billharris44's penalty sliders. I use Juke's ST sliders. The only real difference between what Nole does and myself is I play 12 min qtrs with 20 sec runoff. Either one works, get the same amount of plays. One just gives you more time.

I will also start my franchise when patch 1 (broadcast cam) drops....
Old 09-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow

so why dont you get nfl head coach 09
Old 09-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #21
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I understand what you are saying and I myself did purchased HC09 and it is a very good game. I like madden and having the option to play the game with the stick or play coach mode and letting the computer run the plays for me.
To answer your question it is choice, what makes the gamer happy.
I wish they will release the patch, I am tired of holding calls on field goals and extra points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #22
Rookie

DrunkenCat's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm sure most everybody in this thread that plays coach mode tried Head Coach. It was OK, but was just missing something. Coach mode from games years ago are better than what we have now. At least M10 and HC stopped the bleeding for us non button smashers.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I understand what you are saying and I myself did purchased HC09 and it is a very good game. I like madden and having the option to play the game with the stick or play coach mode and letting the computer run the plays for me.
To answer your question it is choice, what makes the gamer happy.
I wish they will release the patch, I am tired of holding calls on field goals and extra points.
OK kl just wanted to ask you i always wanted head coach 09 but is it worth it and do you get bored easily and is it a good game please let me know.

thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

I hated HC 09. It was very boring to me. It just seemed like too much work. I don't care for all the off season stuff, not to that extent anyway...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »