Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #17

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
One of the few ratings that matter is the pass short/med/long accuracy ratings.

Strength, weight, blocking stats do not. So he has a right to complain as well as comment on Delhomme's ratings.
You are correct, I will take back the hypocritical statement as he never mentioned the irrelevant ratings in his thread so I will give the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I still don't get why Moody thought my statement had anything to do with me claiming the ratings in question mattered, I really don't get that out of what I said.

However, I still think it is dumb to complain about ratings being low, then make a blanket statement asking why he should pay for a game if ratings don't matter. Not a hypocritical statement, but dumb.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

So Kehlis, do you just go from post to post looking for ways to start drama? Good grief bro, he stated his opinion. If you don't agree, that's chill, but no need to call people hypocrites. But since you went there, his post is alot more relevant than yours.
Anyhow, it's pretty sad that EA cannot figure out how to implement ratings that actually have an effect on the game. Delhomme though...didn't he get benched last week because he played so bad?
Old 09-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What are you talking about??

I find it hypocritical that he posted a thread because jake Delhomme is rated a 75 and he should be rated much higher, then makes a post asking why the game is worth anything since the ratings don't matter.

I never discounted the fact that ratings don't have much of an effect.

You need to relax with the crusade a bit.
I had no clue you were just bringing in issues from another thread(s).

So to me, your comments like you were dismissing all this because you feel ratings do matter despite all the evidence a majority of them dont.

If your tracking peoples posts just so you can talk trash, maybe you need to calm down with your own little crusade?

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 09-27-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

i did say half the ratings(Offensive Lineman, D-Backs, and Linebackers)- unless the QB's rating dont even matter? if so, go ahead rate Jake a 47 all i care!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #21
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
Yes I know and understand both and now with 100% certantity neither matter. You will get Easter Eggs with or without the Easter Bunny and Madden will play the same with or without ratings..

Case in point - So I edited my entire Cowboy OL to all be rated 12 in every category (lowest you can go) -- So basically the level of a ankle biter team. Took them to the practice field and played -- waiting to seem them dominated and fold like a cheap suit. But to my surprise little difference.. Held their own and then some..

Hmm.. Must be a fluke. Lets go play a game against the Giants -- One of the best DL's in the game.. Played exactly the same.. In fact Barber averaged 4.3 ypc! Come on I say.. Well definitely the franchise mode will reveal these little girls to be the phonies a 12 rating has to be..

Nope.. Played one game and similar results and then simmed the season.. Yes Dallas finished 9-7 and Barber averaged 4.4 ypc!

Please tell me the Easter Bunny matters.. Wake me up and tell me all this tweaking, drafting, and aligning my dominant team means something.

I simmed a season with the Pats, where I shuffled the positions. Moss at QB, Wilfork at HB, Springs at P, Maroney at DT etc. I ended up going 1-15, so the ratings does matter a bit. Upside was Randy Moss finishing the season with 3000 passing yards. Downside was Tom Brady unable to get a pancake as starting LT

Last edited by guaps; 09-27-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps

I simmed a season with the Pats, where I shuffled the positions. Moss at QB, Wilfork at HB, Springs at P, Maroney at DT etc. I ended up going 1-15, so the ratings does matter a bit. Upside was Randy Moss finishing the season with 3000 passing yards. Downside was Tom Brady unable to get a pancake as starting LT

Yea -- Thats funny.. Just makes it all seem even more random.. I put all DBs in on my OL for one game and ran for over 100 yards against the Redskins..
Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #23
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps

One of my running theories regarding ratings in Madden has been that the majority of the rankings ONLY have an effect on results of SIMMED games. In PLAYED games, it really does seem as though only a few ratings (mainly speed) actually affect gameplay in any meaningful way. It sucks, but it's been a problem in Madden for years, and unfortunately this is our ONLY option for new football games...
Old 09-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
This is so pathetic..i'll be waiting to hear Ian comment on this issue. What's the point to ratings, progression, drafting, reordering depth charts, etc. if the ratings don't effect anything?
don't hold ur breath on that one.

i could give you his answers right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »