Home

Where's my Money? I'll take a check

This is a discussion on Where's my Money? I'll take a check within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 04:05 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: Where's my Money? I'll take a check

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I know the points been made before but dude...ever read a newspaper? Watch the news on TV? You realize that we're in a ****ty economy right now, right? And that sales for EVERYTHING is down?

Sorry but this year especially, you can't take that small difference in sales from last year to this year and use it as ammo for a "Madden 10 sucks" argument. It just makes you look like a dumb kid that doesn't keep up with current events.
This post really bothers me. A Senior Moderator pretty much calling someone a "dumb kid" but trying to word it in a way that makes this post innocent. Especially since I recieved an infraction from this same mod for the same thing.

And in reality.... The gaming industry has not been affected much or if at all by the economy. Gaming sales were up last year. And sales are not down for EVERYTHING either. Pretty cocky statement for something that just flat out isnt true. Maddens sells being slightly down could very easily be because of the horrible products put out in 07 and 08. I know quite a few people who havent purchased Madden this year because of the past 2 years games. But either way there is no proof. He is wrong and you are too.

60$ a pop video games do not fall in the same line with cars and homes. Is it the banks fault?? Or is it a costly and ongoing war in the middle east?? As I recall the US had a huge surplus when Clinton left office, and a huge debt when Bush left. But the Republicans still try to blame the Democrats for a failing economy.

Didnt mean to make this post political, but neither of you have meaningful points. I was just insulted to see a mod talk like this. Might need to read those TOS.

Last edited by GatorBait06NC; 10-01-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:36 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'll back you.

I think the game is just as bad as Madden 09. The only difference is, I actually lost a few games in Madden 09. But I haven't been complaining, due to the fact, for the first time in years, I actually didn't dive right in - I rented the game, sent it back... You'll find yourself less frustrated when you play a bad game, that isn't yours.

I like the feeling, and I'll be doing it with Madden 11, too.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
And in reality.... The gaming industry has not been affected much or if at all by the economy. Gaming sales were up last year.
ummm...video game sales are down. Have been since, I believe April and maybe March. As of August, video game sales were down 16% as a whole(25% console, 15% software) and that trend will most likely continue, with the only chance of sales rebounding being the Christmas Holiday.

Sorry man, but 16% sales drop means that your industry has been affected "much". And the fact that video game sales were up last year has no bearing on whats happening in the industry this year. A down economy effects many, many things, and the video game industry is no different.

http://www.reuters.com/article/inter...58A09X20090911

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
This post really bothers me. A Senior Moderator pretty much calling someone a "dumb kid" but trying to word it in a way that makes this post innocent. Especially since I recieved an infraction from this same mod for the same thing.

And in reality.... The gaming industry has not been affected much or if at all by the economy. Gaming sales were up last year. And sales are not down for EVERYTHING either. Pretty cocky statement for something that just flat out isnt true. Maddens sells being slightly down could very easily be because of the horrible products put out in 07 and 08. I know quite a few people who havent purchased Madden this year because of the past 2 years games. But either way there is no proof. He is wrong and you are too.

60$ a pop video games do not fall in the same line with cars and homes. Is it the banks fault?? Or is it a costly and ongoing war in the middle east?? As I recall the US had a huge surplus when Clinton left office, and a huge debt when Bush left. But the Republicans still try to blame the Democrats for a failing economy.

Didnt mean to make this post political, but neither of you have meaningful points. I was just insulted to see a mod talk like this. Might need to read those TOS.
He did not call him a dumb kid. He was helping the guy out with his argument, pointing out an obvious effect that he was not mentioning. Generally good arguments have give and take, they aren't completely one-sided... ignoring truths at hinder a point. Dumb kids make ridiculous one sided arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Thats because most of the people who are actually enjoying the game try to steer clear of the forums due to all the negativity.

And you want some compensation because you guaranteed that people would be "braking on how bad Madden 10 is"? Well, thats really going out on a limb considering that no matter what improvements this game made or how good it is, there will always be something that people are not happy with, they'll post it on the forums, and people will agree. Hell, its made safer by the simple idea that people were complaining about how bad the game was, and it hadn't even released yet.

Guaranteeing that people will be upset with Madden, or any sports video game in general, is as safe as guaranteeing that tomorrow will be light, followed by a period of dark, and that all lakes will be wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
ummm...video game sales are down. Have been since, I believe April and maybe March. As of August, video game sales were down 16% as a whole(25% console, 15% software) and that trend will most likely continue, with the only chance of sales rebounding being the Christmas Holiday.

Sorry man, but 16% sales drop means that your industry has been affected "much". And the fact that video game sales were up last year has no bearing on whats happening in the industry this year. A down economy effects many, many things, and the video game industry is no different.

http://www.reuters.com/article/inter...58A09X20090911
I know of a bunch of players who are enjoying this game to death who were former Madden haters (like ME!). They really hit my market fan base well - the hardcore football fan. I'm having more fun with this edition of Madden than any edition of the series, ever. Yes it passes 05 for me. Online franchise is a treat, and Pro-tak seems like it completely belongs.

Of course there are still criticisms and clear imperfections but in no way is the game BROKEN or UNPLAYABLE like so many whiners come on here and say. Honestly, those players usually aren't even hardcore football fans, they just come on here and complain... it's their personality not the game's weakness causing many of the negativity.

Entitlement mentality + ultra sensitive negative personality = whining about Madden 10 and trying to get money out of it.

Note: I don't mind constructive criticism, but there's nothing constructive here... just the usual "look at me I'm unhappy with life" whiner post.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #21
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Here's your cookie!

On a serious note. Although there are plenty of things wrong and could be better with this game. It def. is a big improvement over 09. And Im expecting a even bigger/better turnaround for Madden 11. The direction taken was the right one, but now can they take it to another level? We'll see.
Thank you for the cookie, it was tasty , but I really do hope they can turn it around for Madden 11.

I have stated before I feel one of the main problems in EA producing a solid game is the engine. Now that is my opinion and I wont argue with anyone about it. If you feel it isn't than fine.
Just looking at the track record and Madden's on this engine and it never really produced a solid title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Hey Bud, how's it going?

The key word is terrible.

Terrible is a subjective word. Not trying to defend anyone, just being real.
Wasup friend, Hope all is well. What exactly do you mean by terrible? What is terrible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Even if you had this bet, there is no available commonly-accepted measure that you could use to claim Madden 10 is terrible. Compared to other video games it's doing well sales-wise, and the game received its best Metacritic score since the 02 iteration.
To determine if the game failed or not would have been something that Ian and myself would have agreed on.

I would never have agreed to game scores or a review from any site, for obvious reasons.

I would have went to sales as the deciding factor, and if he would have agreed then it would have been a figure were if the game matched or surpassed he would have won, and if it was under I would have won.

Using the sale figures that are out now I feel would have been under what we would have agreed on, and I would have won, also if we took into account how many were returned then things really would have sealed the deal for me.

To use the Metacritic score would be foolish. Just look at Madden 09, and really that game was horrid. Also there is no secret that certain sites will give a good score do to the relationship and perks they receive from the gaming company. That is why I would have never agreed to any review scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I'm not going to argue on whether or not Madden 10 is a good game, but although some people are unhappy with this year's Madden release, my only advice is to expect a much better game next year, even if you don't think that current the team will or is capable of pulling it off.
Matt if your right , then everyone would be happy. I'm sure we would love for them to succeed in making a solid game rather than a failure. I know I would, but we have been hearing this whole "wait till next year " for 5 yrs now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I know the points been made before but dude...ever read a newspaper? Watch the news on TV? You realize that we're in a ****ty economy right now, right? And that sales for EVERYTHING is down?

Sorry but this year especially, you can't take that small difference in sales from last year to this year and use it as ammo for a "Madden 10 sucks" argument. It just makes you look like a dumb kid that doesn't keep up with current events.
Your closing comment is not only immature, but very uncalled for. I'm sure you have given members in here infractions for insulting members in the past, and your a person who is suppose to represent this forum in a certain manner, but you really failed to do so in the instance.

I do read the paper, but unlike you I will not accept the economy as an excuse to the poor sales for Madden. Now if that is what you want to believe then that is fine, and I would not call you a dumb little kid. I just see it as you having a different opinion than me, and oblivious to the truth.

It is obvious that everyone who is affiliated to this forum has a obligation to protect EA, so why would anyone even take anything you say serious when you can't for obvious reason talk bad in anyway about EA.

Only a dumb kid would not know that , and pretty much all of us in hear know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
The only question I have for you is, did you get an infraction for this thread? Whenever I bad mouth EA, by responding to existing threads, I get an infraction for Trolling. Even though this is a good forum, I have to say IMO, it's very unique in that you really have to be extra careful on what you post. Any other forums I post in, allow you to speak your mind as long as your not insulting another member in the forum.
No I did not, and I'm shocked!!!!!!! that I have not received and infraction. This forum is hard on anyone saying anything remotely negative about EA.

As I was writing this post, I told a friend over teamspeak that I was probably going to get an infraction for this, not that I thought I should , but the way things are in here now. I wasn't going to be surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

I dont wanna hear about the economy, even though it is a factor but take this into consideration. Batman Arkham Aslyum. i went into bestbuy and it was sold out. the fact is, they beat Madden in sales.

people dont like when you compare a sports game to a action title, well you know what - some guy from EA was ranting on that Madden wants to compete with the Halos, the Call of Duties, etc (i will find that youtube video) and you know what Batman and other games sold well and way better. Even though economy is bad, we all know the people's choice WAS Batman
Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #23
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

LOL at this thread and this post.

Do a little research. Console sales are down across the board compared to last year (although I think the 360 is treading water compared to last year's numbers).

I love people that dismiss stuff just without any actual facts to base it on.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

Wasup friend, Hope all is well. What exactly do you mean by terrible? What is terrible?

Hope all is well on your end too.

I was going by Ian's word terrible. Terrible can mean something different between two people. Terrible to you could be sales not reaching $4 million by Xmas. Terrible to me could mean sales not reaching 3.75 million units sold by Xmas.

That's what I meant by terrible being subjective.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »