Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

I love my chise team, they are so dirty. I have very few players from my original team(the Jags). The starters I have left are Mathis, Cox, Garrard(though he'll be a replaced this year), Nelson, Henderson, Stroud(well I guess I had to get him back first), and Greg Jones. I have drafted and traded to get players that fit my game scheme better. I am in my 6th year off season and went to the playoffs in years 3, 5, and 6. And I won my first Superbowl last year. I absolutely love the off season, but I need to spend some time redistributing players this year in the other teams as I am finding some teams with a 75ovrl starter in one position while another team will have two 90s in the same position.

Oh and my favorite trade I made was Mike Sims-Walker for Kenny Britt, after a couple years when MSW was much higher rated than Britt, because Britt is an awesome blocker for the outside run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #26
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

Just beat the Patriots week 1 of pre-season, 29-17. I kept McCoy in the whole game to get used to him, 266 yds. Sergio Kindle had 4 sacks, 3 on Alex Smith who tried to scramble on 2 of them. 9 total team sacks, all vs the Pats backups.

Overall, this team is looking very good
Old 10-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #27
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm waiting on the patch before I start mine. Really looking forward to building the Dolphins in my mold!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #28
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Import your draft class from NCAA 10
If you don't have NCAA 10 can you create your own draft picks?
Old 10-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I sim on and off. Right now, I'm starting my third season with the AFC South Champion Texans, at the moment 2-1. I've kept a lot of the good guys on my team, and have focused on short passing in order to get things going. Last season, I had Owen Daniels come on strong and lead the team in receiving yards, while my defense led my Mario Williams just keeps getting better. Took them to the playoffs as the third seed, but just couldn't get past the Dolphins.

I'll admit, I'm having a lot more fun this year than in years past. Franchise needs a lot of work, but it's still a good game for the mean time.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

I play every game, and dont make any changes that are not happening in real life. I am 10 and 4 with the Steelers. Chasing the 13-1 Patriots who are tearing it up. Having loads of fun, Big Ben playing Big, defense struggling at times, running game been poor all year. Having more success with Mendenhall than Parker, pretty cool how that worked out, but wow I have had to be patient with him, it has taken all year to even get manageable production. I use Dan's team specific sliders and that gives each team an identity, and strengths and weaknesses life their real life counterpart. Looking forward to the playoffs and patch number 2. Game has lost a little luster since Nba 2k10 came out, and especially considering I have it on pc, oh nellie big fun. Still digging Madden though, just splitting time now.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #31
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I'm waiting on the patch before I start mine. Really looking forward to building the Dolphins in my mold!
Whats the patch for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 12

I play every single one of my games. My first season with the Ravens I went 14-2 and lost in the Super Bowl to the Giants. The fallowing season I went 13-3 and lost on my first round of the playoffs to the Titans. Third season I went 12-4 and beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl. The next season I went 14-2 and again beat the Falcons in the Super bowl. Now we have a little rivalry going between Flacco and Ryan and I am about to start my preseason.

*Actual time may vary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »