Home

Remove the Boost Button

This is a discussion on Remove the Boost Button within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Remove the Boost Button

Shouldn't a receiver running a route be running at full speed? and also the cornerback covering him? D-lineman chasing a QB? etc. . . .

Instead of having a boost button, players should be playing at full speed already and if your in control of the ball carrier, the joystick would be direction sensitive whereas if your pressing it all the way in one direction, the player would be moving full speed in that direction. And if the gamer is pushing slightly in that direction then, the player would be moving slower.

Of course that would be a problem for those who use the D-pad.

Or keep the boost button and have cpu controlled players move st full speed while letting boosting to be at the discretion of the gamer.

Off Topic: The juke is still too drastic. The movement should not be so wide.

Last edited by jaiy360; 12-11-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Remove the Boost Button

I would say no, don't remove it.

I see WRs(ex. L. Fitz, A. Boldin, R. Moss, T. O., S. Moss, J. Rice, etc) get a burst right before they catch the ball often IRL.

They aren't running full speed, b/c they are adjusting to the ball in the air, then at that last split sec. they boost to grab the catch.
Same thing w/ dbs.

Jerry Rice did this a ton, he would be even w/ the db, and then BOOM, he'd be leavin. Ever heard the Madden Saying " If he's Even, I'm leavin!"

So no, this is a part of football, its a part of basketball, soccer, etc.
When the ball is in the air, guys are turning their head to get under it, and then they burst into it at full speed.
Anyone who has played these sports knows what I mean.

Last edited by dfos81; 12-11-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Jerry Rice did this a ton, he would be even w/ the db, and then BOOM, he'd be leavin.
Depends if you're offensive or defensive... it's either pushing off or getting good position
Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I would say no, don't remove it.

I see WRs(ex. L. Fitz, R. Moss, T. O. S. Moss, J. Rice, etc) get a burst right before they catch the ball often IRL.

They aren't running full speed, b/c they are adjusting to the ball in the air, then at that last split sec. they boost to grab the catch.
Same thing w/ dbs.

Jerry Rice did this a ton, he would be even w/ the db, and then BOOM, he'd be leavin. Ever heard the Madden Saying " If he's Even, I'm leavin!"

So no, this is a part of football, its a part of basketball, soccer, etc.
When the ball is in the air, guys are turning their head to get under it, and then they burst into it at full speed.
Anyone who has played these sports knows what I mean.
I dare say they're not actually speeding up but only gaining more separation from the corner who couldnt read the route. The corner is already in the process of getting beat. And if you feel this isn't true, that attribution (speeding up when even with the corner) could always be written into the route as madden tech advances.

I never said players wouldnt be able to slow down. So adjusting the ball would still be possible. It happens all the time, throws aren't perfect.

Basketball is diff in that you usually speed up when going toward the basket, but not running full speed from sideline to sideline unless trying to get open. Players slow down to set up a play. Soccer, basketball, etc consist of continuos play whereas as football play are after every snap.

Last edited by jaiy360; 12-11-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Grammatical Errors
Old 12-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

So how about when a runningback or receiver slows down a little to let a block play out, and then gives a burst of speed to get past it? Football players aren't always at full speed, and therefore the burst button should never be taken out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash81
So how about when a runningback or receiver slows down a little to let a block play out, and then gives a burst of speed to get past it? Football players aren't always at full speed, and therefore the burst button should never be taken out.
The thing is there are different aspects of the game. If your controlling the receiver or the runningback, under the options I listed above, you would still be able to slow down.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Do not remove it!! in fact add it back into your hockey game.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash81
I don't have an opinion on the topic in general, I just want to point out the flaw in this logic. You can control those types of speed changes (slowing from a sprint) by how much pressure you're putting on your left stick direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »