Home

Cheese or No Cheese

This is a discussion on Cheese or No Cheese within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Cheese or No Cheese

I honestly dont see the big deal, this should be really easy to stop, and to me plays that can be stopped are not cheese.

Are the New England Patriots going to call the Wildcat cheese because it was something new that they couldnt stop?

By just sitting back in a coverage zone all game, I know from personal experience online that I'm probably going to try to roll out, or else its going to be very difficult to complete many passes with 9 guys back in coverage, especially with the Jaguars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Exactly man thank you.
I was playing to my quarterbacks strengths its not like I chose Garrard. LOL.
I joined this league late and the Jags were the only available team for me.
Why is it not cheese for the defense to call the same zone play over and over again.
I'm sorry I found the way to beat his defense and he couldn't adjust..
Well, not really..
Old 12-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

I want to say, first of all, that I have always been a sim ball type of player. I have no problem with these plays. I think he is taking advantage of his QB's strength. Especially the one being a designed rollout.

If he was turning his back to the LOS and running around all day like people used to do with Vick I would have more of a problem with that. Thing is I manually use the LOLB, so I would love both of these play against me. This is easily defended. If you are playing a running type QB you would spy part of the time. If you control the spy, the minute he turns toward the sidelines you know what he is going to do.

In some ways I think it is cheese that everyone wants to make athletic QB's all pocket passers. There needs to be a consensus on how you can take advantage of an athletic QB without crossing the line to reverting to the old Vick and Young users. I see NFL QB's do similar throws every Sunday. The pass "across the body" wasn't very drastic at all. It's not like he was outside the Right hash and threw back across the left hash.

Anyway, that's my two cents FWIW.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #28
Rookie

Exactly.. Thank you.

It's cheesy how people call anything that they aren't smart enough to stop cheese.

Learn to play D I coulda stopped myself from doing this If I was playing me easily. LOL

Last edited by CHEWRIFIC; 12-19-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
Rookie

Why are you guys mad at the people who Cheese online, you guys should be mad at ea sport for not fixing it. My PSN name is fucxyoumadden and I only use 3 play and no one can stop me, check out my rec if you don't believe me, that why this game is terrible.

Last edited by viper2500; 12-19-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The thing I don't like about the play is that he didn't slide the protection to the side that he is sprinting out to
Old 12-20-2009, 03:05 AM   #31
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
In my league the person that does that would be booted immediately. My definition of cheese is doing something that would not be done in the NFL. In those video clips the QB was under no pressure when he scrambled to the sideline -Total Cheese. If he were being pressured and scrambled out of the pocket that would be fine. That was just cheap, exploiting, cheese play. Not to mention it was being done with a team that has a mobile QB with a speed rating of 78.

Everything he said is what I would of said. And you would of been removed from the OF I'm in immediately also
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 03:12 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Um u guys are aware that this play in question calls for a qb rollout to the right correct? I mean on the playcall screen it obviously shows the qb with a red line arching toward the sideline.

How is it cheesing when the play calls for this action????? If it were a standard drop back pass i could understand the complaints but it is rollout pass by design.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »