Home

Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
It pick plays team actually runs in that situation during real life games..

Its not a training wheel...

If the Eagles run a screen on 3rd and 1 alot in real life, my brain tells me game flow isnt going to suggest FB dive(a typical play you'd run in that situation)

its gonna give you a screen to run....

people are reading into things too much...

Heh I'd bet if the Eagles threw hail mary's on 3rd and 1 it would suggest a hail mary, not a qb draw...

If you wanna play just like your fav football team, use it...If not, dont...

no gimmick in my eyes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I see what you are saying, but I saw in the Brees interview that the Madden team has studied the tendencies of each team on what they call on certain down and distances. Brees said it doesn't get any more real than that.

All boils down to preference. It's an option, don't like, don't use it.

Also, veterans of football and Madden who attended CD, also like this feature, so, I don't see where you can speculate that only little kiddies would like this feature.

A bit premature if you ask me.

Edit-- Thank you, Jukman. Very simple explanation, I agree with everything you said.
To me this feature just looks like Ask Madden without the menu popping up. I have enough football knowledge to know what plays to run in certain situations and I'm sure almost all of the people on this forum are at the same place. This feature just doesn't seem useful, unless you didn't have this football knowledge.

I understand that it allows you to play more like the real team, but it just doesn't seem that important in my eyes when they could be spending their resources fixing the numerous problems that we have had the year in and year out.

For me, it's tough to appreciate the devs creating new features when they haven't even gotten the basics right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #122
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
Ian Cummings also said that EA has put over 10,000 animations for a Madden game 4 years ago and yet we're left with watching the same animations maybe 10-20 times a game.
Really, 10,000 animations? That's amazing. Are you sure about that number?
Old 04-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #123
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
To me this feature just looks like Ask Madden without the menu popping up. I have enough football knowledge to know what plays to run in certain situations and I'm sure almost all of the people on this forum are at the same place. This feature just doesn't seem useful, unless you didn't have this football knowledge.

I understand that it allows you to play more like the real team, but it just doesn't seem that important in my eyes when they could be spending their resources fixing the numerous problems that we have had the year in and year out.

For me, it's tough to appreciate the devs creating new features when they haven't even gotten the basics right.
So, then it's back to ripping out the old code of locomotion and putting in new code for locomotion.

Isn't that one of the numerous problems that we've had year in and year out? People all over Youtube complaining about tron jogging. They worked on fixing that this year.

All I'm saying is wait to you see and feel it before judging something we have little information on.

I'm going off information from people that have had on hands experience with it and they play the game like me, calling my own plays knowing the situation.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #124
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213

The MAIN point of this feature is that it HELPS GAMEPLAY....The CPU will actually play like an actual NFL team now....CPU playcalling was terrible last year and it was a top 5 problem in Madden 10...

We as the user DO NOT have to use it but Its there as an option...

Now I could be wrong...But it only makes sense...

Are you skeptical about people using it online? what are your beefs with it?

ask yourself this...

Would you rather play against a kid who's running nothing but fly patterns against you online, or would you rather have a NFL game played against you online???

I dont see a negative about this "feature"

Last edited by Jukeman; 04-24-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #125
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Really, 10,000 animations? That's amazing. Are you sure about that number?
I think his words were along the lines of " We tripled all animations going from last gen to next gen ".. As we can all see that is not the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #126
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
You'd think if there was a mechanism to calls play quicker than you'd actually spend MORE time in the game, because you'd be able to get off more plays, some of which will stop the clock. Also wondering about the improved online functionality, if it's just a catch phrase they always use or if there's some real teeth behind it.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 3
Man I really hope they fix the stupid broken spiking the ball play. The QB doesn't even rush over to the line of scrimmage when you press the rush button, it just walks over causally and when it actually gets there it takes like another 3-5 sec to actually spike the ball.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:34 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 3
1 more thing, I really hope they have native 1080p output this year. I'm pissed off at my monitor (Dell S2409w) stretching the picture and making it look like crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »