Home

where are the franchise updates?

This is a discussion on where are the franchise updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: where are the franchise updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Yeah it's still early but Looman put up a franchise blog 6th april last year.
So do the math... if we haven't heard anything about franchise mode yet and it's April 23rd then the improvements to franchise mode in Madden 11 will more than likely be of what size?

Not saying that it's guaranteed but it's obvious that there's work being done to it...
Old 04-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

I don't think anyone is saying they aren't trying to make changes or that the won't make any this year.

It is the fact that Franchise Mode is in no way the focus and hasn't been in like 5 years.

The fact they came into a game in really bad shape isn't an excuse IMO. That simply means they should have flushed in down the toilet and started new.

Yeah, I know they only have one year, yada yada. But if EA just bit the bullet and spend the cash it could get done in one year.

This is there flagship game after all isn't it?

I see no reason why they can't spend extra money one year to get it right instead of hiding behind past mistakes.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
So even the quality games from quality companies can release a patch that doesn't do what it was intended to. That's what can happen when you try to release a file that alters code like that, it may or may not have the effect you intended or it may fix one problem and cause another. That's the world we live in now with console gaming.
I believe EA was and has the potential to be again. That statement makes be think you don't think they are?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #20
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
I don't think anyone is saying they aren't trying to make changes or that the won't make any this year.

It is the fact that Franchise Mode is in no way the focus and hasn't been in like 5 years.

The fact they came into a game in really bad shape isn't an excuse IMO. That simply means they should have flushed in down the toilet and started new.

Yeah, I know they only have one year, yada yada. But if EA just bit the bullet and spend the cash it could get done in one year.

This is there flagship game after all isn't it?

I see no reason why they can't spend extra money one year to get it right instead of hiding behind past mistakes.
You're not making much sense though...they don't need to spend money...they need to get the right guys in the right places to have success. And they have that right now. Josh Looman knows what he's doing; Head Coach 09 is incredibly deep and it's a testament to his knowledge of how to create an immerse Franchise experience.

It's just going to take time tho. They added some nice additions last year...now if they fix some of the issues, give us a working IR, and maybe some sort of a calendar and add a negotiation aspect to signing players, you'd have a ridiculous Franchise experience right there. Maybe even let us sign position coaches and be able to promote a position coach to coordinator.

But if they at least fix the issues from last year and make the off-season matter some more, you're good. Remember that Franchise also banks on how immersive the entire package is, which means that they're going to have to make every game feel like it's a part of the season...how do you do that? In game presentation. Which we know is getting an overhaul. That should be a welcome sign to you guys but instead all I see are complaints.

Just take a look at NBA 2K10, why is NBA Today and Association so good in this game? In game commentary and the presentation, and how you feel like the game you're currently playing is one of 82 in a season. It's not all about the pretty overlays and menus all the time.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Yea...Franchise mode gets no attention what so ever. It's EXACTLY the same as Madden 09's Franchise.
Never said it was, hence my word CURSORY. Sure, they'll add or tweak some things to say they worked on it, but as Stux has mentioned repeatedly (which you do not seem to acknowledge), offline franchise is not a priority or point of emphasis, and there is nothing from the release of '10 to this day that infers '11 will be any different. Conversely, online franchise is.

Furthermore, I'm well aware of Ortiz's fingerprints on this gen's iterations. Not an excuse, as offline franchise is no more the PRIORITY now as it was back then. Tweaked, sure. Priority, no. And when '12 comes out, with minor additions and some basic components are not working correctly, what will be the excuses then? Looman and Co. were busy with Team Ultimate?

Quote:
Oh and by the way, I don't put patches in the same category as working with source code to fix something.
That's fine, but whether source code or patch, stats were still non-working, period. Think about that for a second. The 5th iteration of this gen's consoles had a basic staple of that mode, franchise stats, not working. The 5th. 5.

It is what it is. EA wants the casual gamer. They want the online gamer. The evidence and history for this is overwhelming compared to the evidence to the contrary.

I admire your faith, and it sounds like a very noble thing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But others are realists and EA's pattern of behavior (and meaning of that behavior) has proven to be predictable enough they must earn the faith first.

The proof is in the pudding, and we have no indication it's going to taste any different this year regarding offline franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #22
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i think looman has been working on franchise stuff since last year working out the stats and stuff. so he could do the ultimate team card thing from jan to april. i think he's done with it now looking at his twitter tweets. His plan from jumpstreet has been to get hc 09 into madden. and for those who played that wasn't gameplan also a part of that game. just chill guys there is alot more info to get out. I'm waiting for franchise info too.

i'm hoping that we can have fan appreciation day and what ever you giveaway is you can see in the stands or create your type of rag and the crowd uses it during playoff games.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
You're not making much sense though...they don't need to spend money...they need to get the right guys in the right places to have success. And they have that right now. Josh Looman knows what he's doing; Head Coach 09 is incredibly deep and it's a testament to his knowledge of how to create an immerse Franchise experience.

It's just going to take time tho. They added some nice additions last year...now if they fix some of the issues, give us a working IR, and maybe some sort of a calendar and add a negotiation aspect to signing players, you'd have a ridiculous Franchise experience right there. Maybe even let us sign position coaches and be able to promote a position coach to coordinator.

But if they at least fix the issues from last year and make the off-season matter some more, you're good. Remember that Franchise also banks on how immersive the entire package is, which means that they're going to have to make every game feel like it's a part of the season...how do you do that? In game presentation. Which we know is getting an overhaul. That should be a welcome sign to you guys but instead all I see are complaints.

Just take a look at NBA 2K10, why is NBA Today and Association so good in this game? In game commentary and the presentation, and how you feel like the game you're currently playing is one of 82 in a season. It's not all about the pretty overlays and menus all the time.
If you think Josh knows what he is doing then there is no reason that can't bring in more good programs and have him lead a crew. There are PLENTY of good ones out there in this economy.

If he really knows what he is doing there is no reason he can't direct a crew of people to help him.

It is like saying we have this one good carpenter lets wait 5 years for him to build our house instead of hiring a bunch of other carpenters and having that one manage the other to get the house built in 6 months.

There is no reason they can't bring in other good ones and have him direct them unless they don't know how to hire competent employees or don't want to spend the money.

Five years has been enough waiting for a good Franchise Mode and is more then patient IMO. I know they haven't been there that long but guess what EA has and they are the ones running the show or other companies would have a chance.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25

we are about a MONTH away from any solid info on franchise....Its been like this for years.

NEVER get that info this early...Be patient.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »