Home

Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Route Based Passing in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

Yup... Only 2 of these routes were thrown more than once...

All of these passes were thrown BEFORE the receivers made their cuts. Some earlier than others. The Post route that is in the vid twice, is one I had never tried to lead led before, so it's in there twice because I wanted to get another look at leading it...

My favorite is the Corner at the end... the ball travels about 8 yards in the air before the receiver breaks.

Later

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

Now do it with a defense on the field and see what happens
Old 05-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows

Co-Sign
Old 05-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
Defense is irrelevant. What matters is the mechanics of whether you can route based pass or not... The answer is YES, you can.

Showing you what you thought was impossible is not only possible, but something that can be done in less than 10 minutes with at least 5 different routes and most any receiver...

I guess it's no use fighting... Name your defense. I'll do another vid.

Later
Old 05-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

I'm pretty sure almost everyone is aware you can throw a ball a step or two at the cut but it is nowhere near what APF2k8 has. Plus the CBs seem to jump the route even more often when you throw it at the cut.

Last edited by Pass_The_Cows; 05-26-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

The passes you threw were essentially just thrown to the wr early rather than being based on where he is supposed to be going.
Ex: Run another Post or Out Route or Anything for that matter, but this time let the receiver keep running his route and then try to lead him, the qb won't do it, he'll throw it right to the receiver or over throw him by 5yds or so.
This would work perfect vs Zone (gotta hit the receiver between the #'s) in the window, or if your wr is wide open. But vs Man-Man, if the Defender has any talent he'll make a play on the ball, or in Madden's case make a death-defying INT
The passing IMO should be Coverage based.

Last edited by bprioleau; 05-26-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprioleau
The passes you threw were essentially just thrown to the wr early rather than being based on where he is supposed to be going.
Ex: Run another Post or Out Route or Anything for that matter, but this time let the receiver keep running his route and then try to lead him, the qb won't do it, he'll throw it right to the receiver or over throw him by 5yds or so.
This would work perfect vs Zone (gotta hit the receiver between the #'s) in the window, or if your wr is wide open. But vs Man-Man, if the Defender has any talent he'll make a play on the ball, or in Madden's case make a death-defying INT
The passing IMO should be Coverage based.
You can lead a receiver after his cut as well. It is more pronounced on long throw, slow, arcing throws.

I just did another video... I'll edit it tomorrow after work. This time it's Deep outs and hooks vs. Man defense. Got some good ones...

Later
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

This isn't route based passing. It's Lead Passing. It's completely different. In the example I provided, there's no use of any Lead Passing (Max Passing) to actually hit the receiver in their route. You're using Lead Passing to attempt to pick a spot to where the WR is meant to run their route in an attempt to mimic route based passing.

This is real route based passing. Not emulated. Notice the ball leaves the QB's hand before the receiver even begins making the cuts on their routes. There's no use of Max Passing to achieve route based passing in the examples below.

The addition of route based passing is only half of the problem. The big problem with Madden is the ability to throw/catch anytime, which simply isn't realistic, and it's the primary reason Madden has had to add to many defensive cheats to the game in order to compensate for the unrealistic passing game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »