Home

The Forgotten Gamer....Offline Dynasty Players

This is a discussion on The Forgotten Gamer....Offline Dynasty Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The Forgotten Gamer....Offline Dynasty Players

I feel as if the hardcore offline dynasty players have become the Korean War of Madden and to a certain extent NCAA. Every year we want one thing...a realistic dynasty experience. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy Madden and it is the best Madden on the next generation and a step in the right direction, but we need more. I would love to see the return of RFA's, I would love to have practice squads, I want to be able to control one team only and not worry that the Chargers will draft a QB with their first round pick.

But maybe we are being pushed to begin playing a online dynasty against real people, but I find that those games stats are so skewed I can't enjoy the experience. I myself am a stats junkie. I love to go over all of my players stats, I love seeing where my players were drafted, I love developing players, I love haggiling over contracts, but this year I have my hands tied with those matters. I do not have realistic stats for my players, I have no idea where my players were drafted, and I can't sign the 20th pick in the draft for any less than 32 million?!? Some of these issues were problems on last generation (rookie contracts, tackles stats, etc.) But we are on our fourth installment on the next generation.

Once again I am afraid that the wave of the future is online dynasty. With fantasy football having millions of people participate every year, maybe the Madden team is banking on that as the next big ticket in football games. I dont want to play in a "fantasy" league. I want a realistic league. Maybe we offline dynasty players need to create our own online dynasty? Or would we just be selling our souls? That makes me incredibly sad, I will never be part of a proffesional football team and this is the closest I will get.

Maybe just maybe, us hardcore offline dynasty players are a dying breed and we have had our day in the sun. But I will continue to hope and petition for a amazing offline dynasty experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: The Forgotten Gamer....Offline Dynasty Players

I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I agree with you 100%. Some of the best things about offline franchise have been either:
a) pushed out (position battles, training camp)
b) forgotten (players draft status)
or
c) just never even looked at (expanded rosters, working injured reserve, etc)

Things like this make me question if the Madden team even considered what a single player Madden experience would be like. I mean have any of you ever seen a video of Ian and company playing a game against the CPU? Because every time I see them playing they're playing against one another. Maybe that's why the A.I. still so shoddy and losing to the CPU is still so few and far between.

I guess what I'm saying is all us offline players want is a great experience. And I'll be the first to say that they're definitely taking steps in the right direction in a lot of areas. However, I have a strange feeling that M11 main focus will be online franchise. So, I ask please don't forget about us offline players next year. You know? the loyal customers who have been here since the beginning and still keep coming back for more.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

I also agree.

Btw, you guys should play "Front Office football". It's so deep and it has real NFL players. You can play "Single player" or "Multi-Player" which is online with 32 real human gm/coaches.

If you are a stat junkie this is a game for you. I play it and it's a blast, especially MP Leagues.

If you look at the top page of OS you will see their forum "FOF Central".
Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I agree with you 100%. Some of the best things about offline franchise have been either:
a) pushed out (position battles, training camp)
b) forgotten (players draft status)
or
c) just never even looked at (expanded rosters, working injured reserve, etc)

Things like this make me question if the Madden team even considered what a single player Madden experience would be like. I mean have any of you ever seen a video of Ian and company playing a game against the CPU? Because every time I see them playing they're playing against one another. Maybe that's why the A.I. still so shoddy and losing to the CPU is still so few and far between.

I guess what I'm saying is all us offline players want is a great experience. And I'll be the first to say that they're definitely taking steps in the right direction in a lot of areas. However, I have a strange feeling that M11 main focus will be online franchise. So, I ask please don't forget about us offline players next year. You know? the loyal customers who have been here since the beginning and still keep coming back for more.
I have the same feeling. And you are exactly right, they are always playing online against someone. I mean look at the Madden show, it is all about the multi-player side, the marketing is always done to revolve around multi-player. Heck, look at the most popular video games in the world. Games like Call of Duty and Halo, these games thrive on online play. If their priority is online, why would they care about computer A.I. and logic? They wouldn't. When it comes down to it, they are deciding how this game develops, it is a Madden world and we are just living in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I am going to keep fighting the fight, although I believe we may be a dieing breed. I have a lot of hope that with Josh coming over to Madden that we will see big things in the future. He just did not have enough time this year, but did a good job with what he had imo. I definitely see the push to online but that is just not for me.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

HC09 was close, but the on field issues made me stop playing. I actually played hc for about a good 3 to 4 months. Here were the issues that cause me to stop playing.

1. OL/DL interaction. (OL always pancake DL, even if i had a QB playing center he pancake them. Which meant OL ratings mean nothing.)

2. CPU never sub their players in and out.

3. Defense hardly lined up with the right formation against the offense. (4WR and my team came out in base 4-3?!?!?)

4. Players moved like robots, and RB never ran straight. They run at 90 degrees.

These top (4) i couldn't get passed. Shame, i really like the game. Hopefully they make another one.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm still a 100% offline dynasty/franchise player. (And I'd like in-game saves to help me out too.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »