Home

M11 Generated Players to Build Around-SPOILERS!

This is a discussion on M11 Generated Players to Build Around-SPOILERS! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: M11 Generated Players to Build Around-SPOILERS!

In my current draft I found a tremendous dlineman. This guy I picked up in the 4th was in the scouting listed as running a 4.4 40 which when you see that from a 6'0" 362 pound DT near the top of the potential list you can't pass that up. Picked him up in the 4th round

Spoiler

He comes in as an 86 overall DT or an 88 DE. 80 speed, 90 Strength, 74 AGI, 86 ACC, 865 AWR, 90 hit power, 86 finesse moves, 85 block shedding, 85 pursuit. Also has 67 jump which is highest among my Dlinemen. Does need some work on tackling, 64 and power moves 69 but with his A potential those should come along decently with time and with his other strengths he will get the job done until then
Old 08-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just finished my first draft. Pretty good haul.

Spoiler

SS 85 OVR, A Potential, 87 SPD 86 AWR 84 TAK, Drafted 3rd Round

Spoiler

C 77 OVR, A Potential, Great Blocking, Terrible AWR

Spoiler

TE 84 OVR, A Potential, 90 SPD 84 CTH, 81 OVR WR

Spoiler

MLB 77 OVR, A Potential, 87 SPD 86 AWR 85 TAK

Other Guys who have high OVR

Spoiler
FB 84 OVR,

Spoiler
LT 81 OVR

Spoiler
HB 82 OVR 97 SPD

Spoiler
C 82 OVR

Spoiler
SS 82 OVR

Spoiler
LG 85 OVR

Spoiler
ROLB 86 OVR

Spoiler
RT 83 OVR
Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #35
Rookie

Just had my first draft in my Seahawks franchise. Simmed the entire 1st season and ended with a 9-7 record, just missed the playoffs. Scouted every QB in the class and spotted an absolute Manimal...decided pretty quickly that this was the guy I wanted to draft and was expecting to have to use a high pick on him. I was surprised my team finished so well, I ended up with the 17th pick in the draft and thought I would need to trade up to get him. Soon as the draft started I went immediately to see where my guy was slotted to go and was shocked that the game had him as a mid 2nd round pick...Awesome! I traded down to 31 and added another 2nd & 3rd rd pick for my trouble. Held my breath as the picks came off the board, but he was still there at 31...wasted no time and turned in my card.

Spoiler

He was an absolute bitch to sign; 6 years 72 mil, but worth every penny. My jaw dropped when I saw his rating. He's an absolute stud!

I also found a stud WR in the 5th rd. Wasn't even planning on drafting a wide out, only scouted him for 1 week, but there was nobody else at the spot that I liked.

Spoiler

Last edited by rukahs; 08-12-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #36
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm really enjoying this thread but I have a question... I realize these are all the top players you guys have drafted but aren't those ratings through the roof?

What were the ratings for Bradford or any of the real Draft picks this season? I think Dez Bryant came in at 80 and he was the best WR in the Draft this year.

The guys you are Drafting all seem to be instant beasts and their AWR is crazy for a rookie.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #37
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

ROLB-A potential
Spoiler

87 OVR, 94 SPEED!!! 86 AWR, 93 TKL, 89 Hit Power.
Drafted him 9th overall.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
I'm really enjoying this thread but I have a question... I realize these are all the top players you guys have drafted but aren't those ratings through the roof?

What were the ratings for Bradford or any of the real Draft picks this season? I think Dez Bryant came in at 80 and he was the best WR in the Draft this year.

The guys you are Drafting all seem to be instant beasts and their AWR is crazy for a rookie.
Yeah I think they may have gone a little overboard with the ratings for game generated rookies. Kinda hoping some draft classes are stronger than others. I've only been through 1 draft class and I got the impression that there were a ton of high quality players. I pretty much filled all the needs I had and most of the guys I got were studs, but I did target certain players and ended up with mostly guys that I thought would be good...I also moved around a little through trades to get the guys I wanted. Only 1 or 2 guys were real steals where I drafted them...and the really good players want a TON of money, and you still have to come in under the cap. But yeah, the only crap player I got was a QB I took in the 7th round.

Last edited by rukahs; 08-12-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Honestly I am not that impressed from the rookies I saw. I saw a couple of the WR's that look awesome only to find out they only have 73 for agility???

And I saw some potentially good QB's but they were 5'10, in fact there are way too many 5'10 QB's and TE's. How many 5'10 QB and TE's are in the NFL right now? Also what's with all the bald QB's with p* star mustaches?

I'm looking for that great QB that can progress into the next Peyton or Tom Brady and so far nothing.

In the next 30 years, I'd hope we'd find the best QB, RB, and WR ever. Athletes are getting more and more freakish and that should not stop. someday in real life we will have a QB that can throw like Manning and run like Vince Young. Is there a guy like that in the draft? Maybe there is but from just simming past pre-season about 50 times last night to see what might be there I was not too impressed.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Honestly I am not that impressed from the rookies I saw. I saw a couple of the WR's that look awesome only to find out they only have 73 for agility???

And I saw some potentially good QB's but they were 5'10, in fact there are way too many 5'10 QB's and TE's. How many 5'10 QB and TE's are in the NFL right now? Also what's with all the bald QB's with p* star mustaches?

I'm looking for that great QB that can progress into the next Peyton or Tom Brady and so far nothing.

In the next 30 years, I'd hope we'd find the best QB, RB, and WR ever. Athletes are getting more and more freakish and that should not stop. someday in real life we will have a QB that can throw like Manning and run like Vince Young. Is there a guy like that in the draft? Maybe there is but from just simming past pre-season about 50 times last night to see what might be there I was not too impressed.
I think the idea that you would find a qb who can run like vince and throw like peyton in the next 30 years is kinda pushing it and I doubt they will go that far. Have seen a couple very good qbs, pretty sure one who can develop into a 99 and who is 6'3", has a solid arm, good accuracy, and above average speed for a qb and I've seen another in the same draft who came in and has played alright for cleveland helping them turn around.

In my current one I see only one good pocket passes and he seems to have mid 90s potential but has a decently big arm and solid accuracy off the bat. He is 6'2" and I think 225 or so. There is also a guy who is 6'3" and has higher potential but doesn't have near the accuracy and just has average arm strength but is more mobile. Also, in terms of guys who can run, the 6th or 7th guy has 96 speed but probably c potential, only average arm strength, and no accuracy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »