Home

Changing teams to a 3-4 defense

This is a discussion on Changing teams to a 3-4 defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Changing teams to a 3-4 defense

By default the Bucs under coaching scheme are listed as a 3-4 team. IRL the Bucs are 4-3. I will have to check this out playing a game but nothing can be done if they have a 3-4 playbook, nothing except playing their games.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ah glad this thread is here.

Can I confirm, If I only control One team (CPU other 31 TEAMS), Create a 3-4 playbook for gameflow, and change the coaching scheme to 3-4, That my Vikings team with both Play and Sim with the 3-4 (obviously need to change roster alot), without the other teams changing their repesctive formations?

Before you ask why would i do that to the Vikings, simple, Despite being a Falcons fan, I hate playing with the 4-3 and Rob Ryan is my favourtite Def Coach on the game cos he just makes the 3-4 amazing for some reason.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Ah glad this thread is here.

Can I confirm, If I only control One team (CPU other 31 TEAMS), Create a 3-4 playbook for gameflow, and change the coaching scheme to 3-4, That my Vikings team with both Play and Sim with the 3-4 (obviously need to change roster alot), without the other teams changing their repesctive formations?

Before you ask why would i do that to the Vikings, simple, Despite being a Falcons fan, I hate playing with the 4-3 and Rob Ryan is my favourtite Def Coach on the game cos he just makes the 3-4 amazing for some reason.
You can change just one team, but I don't think you can get the Vikings to sim with 3-4. I may be wrong, but I think the playbook you create has to be loaded each time you play as the Vikings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #36
Banned

I played as the Bucs and discovered they do play a 4-3 in the game, as they do IRL. The 3-4 shown in Coaching scheme doesn't make sense.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #37
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
I just did that and the Bears, changed to 3-4, only had 4-3 to choose from. Thus, I can only surmise the changing of 4-3 to 3-4 will work for some but not all teams. Since the Bears use a 4-3, I am not interested in changing them. I will check all the teams that were changed to 3-4 by me and see how they play. Kind of amazing that Madden got all these 3-4 teams wrong.
It's because the Dolphins' playbook has both 3-4 and 4-3 sets.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #38
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
I played as the Bucs and discovered they do play a 4-3 in the game, as they do IRL. The 3-4 shown in Coaching scheme doesn't make sense.
Have you changed any teams' coaching schemes? The glitch will change all of the teams if you don't do it right. That's probably why you saw the Dolphins as 4-3 earlier and the Bucs as 3-4 now.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Have you changed any teams' coaching schemes? The glitch will change all of the teams if you don't do it right. That's probably why you saw the Dolphins as 4-3 earlier and the Bucs as 3-4 now.
I checked all the teams before saving and 3-4 teams were correct and 4-3 teams were correct according to real football. I saved all that and checked it again and it was fine. Somehow, the Bucs went 3-4 in Coaching Scheme.

I know how to change the teams by backing out of each team screen and doing the next team. What I'll do later is revisit coaching schemes for all teams and see if anything has changed.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thubab2
use madden editor, go to coaching tabs, set base playbook to 3-4 on every one of your coaches.

Load up the franchise.

Go to coach settings in the settings menu.
make sure defense is set to '3-4" defense.

that should do that trick.

affordable web design
Long Island Personal Trainer
Where is Madden editor? Do you mean Coaching Schemes in Franchise mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »