Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #345
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
This is where my viewpoint has become different recently.

We can either continue to call these things excuses and continue to get angry at EA and vent on these forums, which is what people have been doing for years, or we can accept the fact that little-to-nothing we say at this point in the way of rants is going to really control what EA Tiburon does, accept the company's stated reasons for the direction it goes with the Madden franchise and also with regard to what features it added / tweaked / didn't get around to implementing, give them constructive feedback when the opportunity exists and is appropriate, and finally speak with our wallets as to whether or not we agree with the direction of the game. All the while in that latter process we achieve much greater peace of mind.

Being an informed and shrewd customer is the only way one can really hold EA accountable if you don't like what it's doing with the franchise. If the lack of custom-drawn plays is that big a deal, don't buy the game and tell EA that is why you aren't buying it. That's the only way they will listen.

I don't mean for this post to have a rude tone if I come across that way; the arguments and continued bashing of EA, deserved or not, gets pretty tired, however.
As far as the "continued bashing of EA" is concerned, what do you expect from people ? We've given constructive criticism and feedback for years. Yes some people are irate and bash EA, but everyone doesn't and there has been loads of criticism and feedback, that has been constructive, over the years.

If Madden 12 is another dud and I speak with my wallet and don't buy it, I'll still be upset. Saving $60 isn't going to make me, and many other people for that matter, feel better. I (we) still won't have the opportunity to play a quality football video game. That's what angers me, and a lot of other people: we feel that football gaming has been taken away from us.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 03-24-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #346
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find

Looking forward to April 28th to get more info(X-books/gameplay/presentation). At least I think thats the date.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 1
"FG-Kicking still hasn't changed" was my first thought ...
Old 03-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #348
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
As far as the "continued bashing of EA" is concerned, what do you expect from people ? We've given constructive criticism and feedback for years. Yes some people are irate and bash EA, but everyone doesn't and there has been loads of criticism and feedback, that has been constructive, over the years.

If Madden 12 is another dud and I speak with my wallet and don't buy it, I'll still be upset. Saving $60 isn't going to make me, and many other people for that matter, feel better. I (we) still won't have the opportunity to play a quality football video game. That's what angers me, and a lot of other people: we feel that football gaming has been taken away from us.

valid...but has bashing EA on this site or other sites worked? no....it hasn't and you know it. perhaps it's time to evaluate what makes you happy in life and realize that EA isn't going to be able to do that anymore. divorce from something you love is ugly & even painful but it is a fact of life.

"it is what it is"
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #349
Banned

OVR: 3
WTF was that BS EA. You guys suck really bad. I want my 2k football back asap. I am not putting up with the EA BS when it comes to the football sim ever again. Year after year EA spins the wheel on us only to take our money and give the football fans nothing in return. I hope madden goes on strike with the NFL. I AM TELLING THE TRUTH I WILL NOT BUY MADDEN THIS YEAR OR ANOTHER YEAR FOR THAT MATTER. I WISH ALL OF THE OTHER FOOTBALL FANS WOULD FOLLOW SUIT (REMEMBER NUMBERS IS POWER I.E EGYPT). IM OUT
Old 03-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #350
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynny
Well, ill say it now...NCAA is going to way better than madden by far....once again, madden is doing the bullcrap marketing...actually showing nothing!!...now NCAA, is showing me some good stuff already...they have me excited.....if you look closer to the players running on the field in the intro, Its looks completely like the same engine and animation...and madden reminds me a sneaky chick that teases!!....not feeling it at all!!!!
Doesn't NCAA come out a month earlier than Madden? Hence, they have their marketing one month of Madden.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #351
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynny
Well, ill say it now...NCAA is going to way better than madden by far....once again, madden is doing the bullcrap marketing...actually showing nothing!!...now NCAA, is showing me some good stuff already...they have me excited.....if you look closer to the players running on the field in the intro, Its looks completely like the same engine and animation...and madden reminds me a sneaky chick that teases!!....not feeling it at all!!!!
Uh, I don't understand how you've formed this opinion.

Some highlights with regard to what we know about each game so far:

Madden 12NCAA 12
Custom playbooks
New lighting and shading techniques
(which likely will find their way into Madden)
Surprise onside kicksDreadlocks (already in Madden)
Player tendency ratingsPylon physics

Now I'm not saying NCAA 12 won't be great, there's still plenty of game left to reveal surely, but care to tell me what I missed up to this point that had led you to your opinion? What has NCAA shown of substance to this point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #352
Rookie

OVR: 2
i saw player tendencies hopefully for franchise mode....and i like the hot/cold streak....and custom playbook.......IM SOLD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »