Home

Madden NFL 12 To Include Concussions to Present a Safety Message

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 To Include Concussions to Present a Safety Message within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
oh please, like concussions are some new disease that had spread (sarcasm). I cant even take the nfl seriously in this past season. that "messege" will only promote concussions to the knuckle head kids out there so out the door with this one (may encourage them to make helmet hits). damn they're so phony. im a highschool player and i know not to hit with my helmet but i also know that this game messege is crap, like who's really going to say "oh god!, T.O. cant return because he has a concussion, i dont want to end up like that guy", really EA? child please.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9
also, i dont know why you guys have been expecting so much from a little news. you haven't learned yet, come on. im sure the most you'll get is concussions from wrap/drag tackles (chuckle), remember this is from the business that took off player tatoos "to promote a good image".
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 To Include Concussions to Present a Safety Message

Oh, I can see it now....6 defenders lovingly wrap their arms around the ball carrier and gently lay him on the ground (EA's version of Pro-Tak) whereupon the ball carrier bonks his noggin a tad too hard, and Collinsworth will give a 20 minute monologue about the seriousness of concussions.
And if this was added at the request of the NFL, I can almost promise you it'll happen at least once a game.
Bah!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #36
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I gotta say I'm shocked by the positive response this is getting here.

To me it's just more evidence that their priorities are insanely out of whack.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6286127

"The game's executive producer, Phil Frazier, told The Times that "Madden NFL 12", with its new concussion rules and the exclusion of helmet-to-helmet hits and headfirst tackling can be a "teaching tool" to players of the game, particularly kids."

Once again catering the game to freaking kids. SWEEEET! So glad that they took out helmet-to-helmet hits and headfirst tackling, two things that happen in real life all the time! YESSS!!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #38
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb

Very true.....how about starting to focus on making the game better.
Every year they take more out of the game. How about a more in depth Franchise mode......just combine HEAD Coach and Madden into a total Franchise MODE.

Let us make alternative Uni's it's in the PS2 version why not the next Gen.
How about Create a Stadium...more in Depth....be able to improve the current stadium and actually see the improvements.....be able to move teams and keep Uniforms....modify uniforms etc.......

Focus on a "Real" Franchise mode........like having the players and owners argue over billions of dollars and refusing to play.

In line with the Topic of Injuries......the Owners need to show some good faith and put forth a real Health Care Plan for Players. Especially former players.......any former NFL player and member of their union should have 100% free top of the line health care....they made those owners BILLIONS!!!!!! Their blood, their bodies on the line. To make them wait 3 years for coverage is crazy....not taking care of former players is wrong. I know some former players...they are ripped, look insane, and can't pick up 25 lbs. without being in terrible pain. They gave 10-15 years to the league only to be left disabled, and with little $ (League Min in the 70's & 80's not like today). It's discusting that the NFL doesn't take care of former players that made them what they are.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #39
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb

So just because they are adding this means that they aren't going to focus on more major things?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 31
This is so stupid. I dont wanna pay $60 for a safety lesson. Im tired of hearing people whine over the safety of NFL players. Guess what? They arent forced to play football. Its a vicious mans game that has been brutal on the body every since the game was invented. Players know the rules and dont have to play. Plus they make millions doing something they love. While factory workers go to work every day in bad enviroments doing jobs they hate just to live paycheck to paycheck. No one feels sorry for NFL players.

And what this says to me is that you will most likely see 2 to 3 concussions every game now. Is this one of EAs big improvements/features for Madden 12?? Seriously. Another dumb, pointless feature. How is Madden the game banning helmet to helmet hits and spearing?? Thats never been in the game anyways?? This a cheap add on that EA is trying to hype to the moon. Stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »