Home

Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

This is a discussion on Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #81
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
I fully agree with the sentiment that Extra Point should be removed, but I wish less people would excuse EA out of doing at least something for half-time and weekly recaps. It seems like there's this constant "At least EA is focusing on this" refrain whenever EA disappoints in presentation.

We should insist on both gameplay and presentation. There's no reason why a company as big as EA (and with absolutely no competition) shouldn't have the resources to satisfy both.
yea they just got the license for another few years and yet even Though they have no Competition year after year , they fail to do anything with the title

which is why i wanted 2k to get the License back , they do not mess around
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #82
Rookie

albertperk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
They've had SIX YEARS on this generation of consoles. I don't understand how they did a radio show last generation and 2K5 is still the high point in presentation when they've had SIX YEARS to do something. I just don't understand what their problem is with that. I think they do some really good work in the art department, but this Madden should be a huge turn-around, and from the early playthrough reports, it's sounding like a slightly improved version of Madden 11. I haven't made any final judgments yet, and I'm hoping they've implemented SOMETHING to make Franchise Mode feel important, but I guess we won't know til Monday.

YES! Someone who actually gets it. I agree with this post 100%! Thank you!

With them possibly not having this in the game in some aspects, makes the game more regressed. Yes they added other things but if something isn't broken then why take it out?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 3

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but I can't wait til it's back in Madden 13 and promoted as one of the 300+ UPGRADES!!11!1!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #84
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
it was LAME

the voices were sooo Chopped up

plus they didnt seem to really seem Human

they didnt make a BIG deal if the Bills beat the Sainst 9upsets0

i hate how their are NO updates in the show of wh is leading the league , or having a career day , a injury etc.

i preferred the radio show they had in Madden 05 and 07
Agreed it was terrible and thrown together. Although I hated the radio show as well.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

As with many other things, this is just another instance of EA introducing something promising, half-assing it, then removing it instead of improving it, and promising to rebuild it from the ground up to make it better (except, we never actually reach that stage...and the cycle just repeats).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
I'm sure it's already been mentioned but I can't wait til it's back in Madden 13 and promoted as one of the 300+ UPGRADES!!11!1!
Phil said that broadcasting would be overhauled completely for M13. I'd imagine that in-game audio as a whole will be improved, and there's no reason it shouldn't be carried over to pre/half/posgame and even a highlight show as well.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #87
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I personally would rather wait till next year when they have the new commentary engine for all audio. I think the Extra Point or whatever they call it and the halftime show will sound much better with the new engine versus giving us something with the old engine this year. I am hoping the wait will be well worth it. Still seeing a lot about Madden 12 to enjoy in the meantime.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimez
As with many other things, this is just another instance of EA introducing something promising, half-assing it, then removing it instead of improving it, and promising to rebuild it from the ground up to make it better (except, we never actually reach that stage...and the cycle just repeats).
Watch out you'll be warned for this. But I totally agree with you. EA has a history of removing features and then putting them back in and promoting them as one of their many improvements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »