Home

Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

This is a discussion on Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaForRealFootball
It's been 7 games, so 7 years now actually.

I expect certain people to always spin a bright side like clockwork, but for realists there isn't one unless you count hope with no reason to hope other than hope itself, as a bright side.
What makes one a realist? Having a no-matter-what negative attitude toward the game? Come on.

Quote:
No halftime/post game don't mean the game is going to be bad, but I don't wanna to hear excuses anymore after 7 years for why it's not in there. I don't wanna hear it from the dev team, and I don't wanna hear it from the endless hope committee. Those excuses are unacceptable, and at this point, bush league.
Are there excuses being made? I believe it was said that they didn't work on it this year, so it was removed. Rather than put in a halftime show some "certain people" would always complain about, it was removed until they create one they're happy with. That's not an excuse, it's a reason.

You don't like it? That's cool. It's your right to decide if any product is worth your money; but your posts so far have been critical of Madden and NCAA. Nothing wrong with that in theory, but you might want to start making them more constructive before long. Posts (and posters) that don't do that tend not to last too long on OS. Just a friendly heads-up.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #18
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

What doesn't make sense to me is that they seem to just be stabbing in the dark and don't have any real direction. That's the only way you can really explain adding in a halftime show, then removing it planning to add another one in later. Moving in circles. The groundwork has already been laid. No one is asking EA to reinvent the wheel, just asking them to catch up to things we've already seen.

This is the troubling part. Despite basically having a blueprint for what to do, they still seem unaware and oblivious. I'm not saying they should try to recreate what other games did down to every detail...just that we're past the point of this being unknown territory.

There's 0 excuse for NFL 2k5 still being the standard when it comes to in game "shows" for football. Going further even Mutant League Football (released by EA in 1993) showed highlights from other games during halftime.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-12-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #19
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

No competition is the reason.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

hopefully they didn't ditch a halftime show altogether. and they should at least have a highlight reel that we can play at the end of every game, like nba 2k11 has.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
i think they're starting to get it from other sports, though. surely i can't be the only one that switched over to nba 2k11 (or some other great sports title) because of the fact that they, to this point, have been unable to get their act together this gen.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
There you go.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think one of the reasons why they took it out becaue it didn't look all that good. Another reason is they really wanted to focus more on the overall presentation for this year to make it more real to life NFL you would see on Sunday.I'm sure the Madden Crew wasn't to happy about scrapping it and all. But their focus was mainly to improve the overall presentation and franchise mode and other modes for this year. I'm sure they will implant a much better halftime and extra point show next year. I'm not to disappointed about it been removed. I'm sure they will put it back in next year much better then it is now.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 31

The fact that the Extra Point kept pointing out to me that i was tied for 1st in the league in redzone percentage makes me not miss it at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »