Home

Are penalties fixed this year?

This is a discussion on Are penalties fixed this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Are penalties fixed this year?

Been on my list of gripes for YEARS now...over 1/2 of the penalties DO NOT WORK....never get called.

I remember a post by Ian about the lack of animations for a number of penalties...my question is why have sliders for penalties that don't exist, then?

I hope they either FIX all the penalties, or remove completely useless sliders.
Can't remember the last time I saw an offensive pass interference call, for example. PLEASE fix 'em, EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Are penalties fixed this year?

I doubt it...

Seems to me that if they were, they would've been talked about around the same time the gameplay blogs came out. So my gut says no.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by je_2512
Been on my list of gripes for YEARS now...over 1/2 of the penalties DO NOT WORK....never get called.

I remember a post by Ian about the lack of animations for a number of penalties...my question is why have sliders for penalties that don't exist, then?

I hope they either FIX all the penalties, or remove completely useless sliders.
Can't remember the last time I saw an offensive pass interference call, for example. PLEASE fix 'em, EA!
Yeah, it's a real sim/gameplay issue, the lack of realism on the mix and relative frequencies of penalties.

My pet peeve is how clipping gets called in returns all the time. You can lower the slider to cut it way down, but just as you reach a threshold where it's better, drop a little lower and they're all gone.

Meanwhile, put other sliders up to 100 for lower yardage penalties that should happen more, and they still don't happen at a real league rate.

So, you're left with accepting these extra clipping penalties for more yards just so that your total penalty yards per game are within some kind of sensible average. But the composition of those penalties is all messed up.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Offensive pass interfearence does get called, but you have to jack the slider all the way up, NOT move up the defensive interfearance slider, and then its still uncommon. I also agree that finding a "sweet spot" for penalities that do get called is very difficult. With holding, it seems that its never called, or is called so much that it disrupts the flow of the game.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

If they could nail down pass interference and false start, I'd have no gripes. 2K would still have more realistic penalties, but at least the biggies would be nailed.

Right now, you can't draw the defense offsides. They'll jump, but they won't cross the line (at least it never happens to me). Thus, snap-counting is worthless because it can only bring a negative consequence (false start). They need to restore some balance there. In the travesty that was Madden 08, you could draw the D offsides, although it was too frequent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Its not right to have a (SIM) football game and the penalites are not even present in the game. Im hoping for the best for Madden 12, maybe the penalties will make a return this year.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's very true.good thread. THis literally disappoints me that M12 is not out yet and We could make a list of things that need improvement. Almost makes me give up hope
Old 05-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

What about offsides? Have yet to see it called!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »