Home

hoping the draft classes aren't suped up like crazy again

This is a discussion on hoping the draft classes aren't suped up like crazy again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: hoping the draft classes aren't suped up like crazy again

With the expanded preseason rosters, will there be more players imported from NCAA?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I was really hoping that Madden would allow us to edit imported draft classes this year similar to the draft class feature in NBA 2k12.
Sure, I can edit the rookies after being drafted, but th eother option still would have been nice
Old 08-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

Ggsimmonds

That other option (actually edit the draft class) would have been more than nice
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

buy NCAA12 and use those draft classes. The number 1 overall pick will come in with an amazing 58ovr for you
Old 08-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm pretty much a draft junkie and Madden's generated draft classes have always bothered me. Especially when it comes to ht/wt/speed for certain positions. Unfortunately, I looked at the Franchise video on the EA website and saw a projected first round LOLB and a DT that were both 5'11". They continue to take the anomaly and make it the norm.

It's like they say Sam Mills was a middle linebacker and he was 5'9" so, you end up with a slew of 5'9" linebackers when in reality there have been maybe 3 or 4 under 6ft (listed height anyway) in the league that have been impactful (Zach Thomas, London Fletcher). Or Randall McDaniel ran 4.6 as a guard so, we end up with lots of guards that run 4.7's when it reality the majority of guards at the combine run over 5.1. And 5'9" to 5'11" DT's that are first rounders is just stupid. Doesn't happen.

They do the same thing with DE's. Hmmm........Dwight Freeney ran a 4.4 so, let's have a lot of DE's run sub 4.6. Hmm..............Elvis Dumervil is a 5'11" DE so let's have a lot of those guys too.

Thankfully it looks like we will be able to edit draft classes. Those 5'9" DT's will now be 6'1".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #22
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope they tone it down as well. Franchise wasn't fun with a whole bunch of fake 6'5 WR with 99 speed running around.

No rookie should be above >80 opening day IMO. Especially a fake draft class. Tone down the size, height, speed, overall rating of the draft class. I have no problem with have a couple freaks in the draft, because that always happens... but not 50% of the players ha
Old 08-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #23
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Please no more 6'6 97spd WR in the 6th round.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

also whats up with the offensive linemen being highly rated but yet their run and pass block ratings are in the 40s and never progress even when their ovr goes up that stays very low

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »