Home

Put madden on the PC

This is a discussion on Put madden on the PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Put madden on the PC

It only takes about $600 now to build a PC that maxes everything out, and I have mine hooked up to a 50" LCD.

Stop talking like you know what you are talking about.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0ss0ldier
PCs still look far better than consoles.
Once again, maybe. From a purely technical perspective I'll agree with you guys that PC's have higher resolution potential. But from an enjoyment factor and a "wow" factor is it all that noticable and is it worth the cost to attain that precieved difference? I say no. All things considered, I still choose console over PC...everytime (RTS's excluded).
Old 08-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Maybe...if you spend $500 on a video card and have a $1000+ dollar PC to push it. Also factor in the monitor vs. 42" LCD tv....which would rather play on? Me, I'll take the TV and kick back on the couch as opposed to sitting in some computer chair starring at a PC Monitor that's 18 inches from my nose....not trying to flame, I'm just saying console gaming is far more appealing for a whole host of reasons and far more cost effective...is having 1800x1280 resolution worth the extra $1000 it costs to get it? Nope. PC's are good for RTS's and text based Sims, that's it...I'd even give the nod to consoles for first person shooters as well. Even back in the day when Madden used to come out on PC, I'd still get it on the Playstation 1 (or SNES/Genesis) even at the time when PC's were far more advanced.

Also factor in when you say "Modding" you're also saying "Hacking" even if you don't realize it. PC gamers basically did it to themselves by Modding the games along with pirating the software. Those things are harder to do on consoles. I don't blame the developers for giving up on PC's, I wouldn't make games for the PC either (given the all the net positives of consoles for developers and consumers).
Im just going to shake my head ..i was right you have no clue what you are talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8

It's not even close. The PC crushes all consoles. And that goes for all genres of video games, including sports, which I'm a huge fan.

The only reason people defend the consoles is they can't afford a good PC rig. And that's understandable to an extent, but don't try and pretend consoles are better. It's the cost that holds people back.

I have my PC rig hooked up via HDMI to my 50" LCD. Consoles don't even come close. Haven't touched my PS3 in 3 years.

Not even close !
Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0ss0ldier
It only takes about $600 now to build a PC that maxes everything out, and I have mine hooked up to a 50" LCD.

Stop talking like you know what you are talking about.
Even with you $600 PC you're still at 2x the cost of an XBOX/PS3..even at that low cost it's still not worth it. But the reality is, if you want a kick @$$ gaming PC that "Blows Away" consoles you need to spend some serious coin. I would argue $1500 or more, minimum.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #14
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
It would be nice to have madden or Ncaa on the PC because look at all the things you could do with NBA 2K11 such as mods etc.

If football gaming were put back on the pc we could pretty much turn it into the sim experience we want due to all the editing you can do. But maybe that is why it does not get put on PC due to all the file digging you can do.
Already was done and it was awesome, bought a ps2 controller for the PC and with all the mods and user tweaks it was awesome. I still bought the game every year even though I had user created draft classes that were money. Thing I worry about now is EA just giving us a port of the PS3 and Xbox360 version of the game, we could still tweak it but it wouldn't take full advantage of the graphical capabilities of the PC.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Im just going to shake my head ..i was right you have no clue what you are talking about.
At the same time he is very right. I spent over $400 on a laptop almost two months ago.

HP Pavilion g6
Intel i3 [quad core] @2.4GHz processor
4Gigs of RAM
500Gig Hard Drive
DVD-RW
Win 7 64-bit

It's a nice computer. I enjoy it. It was very competitively priced for it's features, for a laptop. However, I can't even play Fallout 3 or Dargon Age Origins on it. To be fair, that is because laptops are not built for gaming... but seriously? I spend more on a new laptop than I have to spend on a FIVE+ YEAR OLD console and I can't play games built for that FIVE YEAR OLD console? Common.

You need to spend a good amount of money on your PC to game. More than you do to pick up and play on a console. You do not have to worry about installation, compatibility, settings, etc. Also, I can play XBox with my friends online. I would have to have my friends also buy an expensive PC set up to game with them online.

Unlike misterkrabz, I know you can hook your PC up to your TV. I used to do that before I moved. I also understand and love mods for PC games. I have been playing a heavily modified version of Morrowind on my laptop since I cannot use my 360 right now. The thing is, console gaming appeals to me more, and has my whole life. I grew up on Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Earthbound, Chrono trigger, Star Fox, etc. You couldn't play those on the PC back in the day. I am glad you can now play modern classics like Mass Effect, Fallout3, and dragon age on the computer... except wait, I still can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
It's not even close. The PC crushes all consoles. And that goes for all genres of video games, including sports, which I'm a huge fan.

The only reason people defend the consoles is they can't afford a good PC rig. And that's understandable to an extent, but don't try and pretend consoles are better. It's the cost that holds people back
It is cost, but also ease of use, tech support/repair, etc. that console players enjoy. Also, in order to play with your friends, like I do on the 360, they will need a fancy computer to play on. I was happy with my old 2003 computer even until I had to move, because outside of gaming or video editing, you don't need a powerful/expensive set up. To me, and many others, computers aren't WORTH the money it costs in order to game when you can buy a console.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-31-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
At the same time he is very right.
Glad to see there is someone in here who gets it. I think PC apologist get a little sensitive when folks start talking PC v. Console. I can understand why, they've been neglected for many years and they just can't figure out why. What’s funny is when you try to explain it to them, or translate it into human speak, they still don’t listen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »