Home

Is WR, DB, Ball Interaction a priority for next year?

This is a discussion on Is WR, DB, Ball Interaction a priority for next year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Is WR, DB, Ball Interaction a priority for next year?

To me this part of the gameplay needs major attention. Some times a Db will jam/bump a receiver and the receiver would not even react to it, when they run down field they dont touch each other at all, and my biggest gripe is that receivers dont go after the ball aggresively. When I throw a deep ball which Qb's seem to throw them short quite often in this game the receiver goes into a weak animation, hoping the ball will fall in there hand instead on turning around and going for the ball. How hard is it to get wr+db=go for ball? Anybody know if the Madden team mentioned anything about fixing this next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Is WR, DB, Ball Interaction a priority for next year?

I sure hope it is, because it is definitely the game's biggest weakness on the field. Too many times have I seen DBs burnt because they go into the over the shoulder animation or hip catch animation. It's getting really frustrating playing defense, setting them up in the right spots, and having that happen.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Yea this is the biggest gameplay issue. Wrs and DBS need to go for the ball.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really hope they improve this next year as well. It seems like having a tall WR with awesome jumping doesn't mean anything this year. The part that this aggravates me the most is in the red zone. Say I want to throw up a pass to have my tall athletic WR fight for a ball on a small CB. The matchup doesn't even matter, when in the NFL it really does.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

They gotta give WRs the opportunity to Jump up and fight to get the ball in Deep Ball Situations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
I really hope they improve this next year as well. It seems like having a tall WR with awesome jumping doesn't mean anything this year. The part that this aggravates me the most is in the red zone. Say I want to throw up a pass to have my tall athletic WR fight for a ball on a small CB. The matchup doesn't even matter, when in the NFL it really does.
In the red zone you can run fade routes and receivers seem to go for the ball then. But fade routes seem to be the only time receivers go for the ball.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

i think NCAA has got it right WR can catch the ball in stride, turn and catch go down low and catch the ball. on madden the passing game seems limited. you cant throw a wr open like in NCAA. Timing routes also are off when you throw a out route , its before the WR comes out of the break even the the catch animation is behind the WR
Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

My DBs don't catch ANYTHING, but the CPU's DBs catch at least 75% of the passes that hit their hands. Kinda BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »