Home

NFL License

This is a discussion on NFL License within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
NFL License

Does the NFL License expire this year and if so what are the chances that 2k will make a run for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NFL License

No, EA has the license till next year and 2k would need a ton of cash to outdo EA for the license.

Currently, 2k's stock is low.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

I am praying EA does not renew the NFL license for more years. Honestly, I have almost givin up on football games, to the point that I almost don't even care about them anymore. I never would have thought that was possible back in 2005.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't care if it's 2K or even Activision bidding on it to serve a massive blow to EA, I'm ready for something totally different at this point.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm just looking for competition to come in, but I don't feel it will happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
I don't care if it's 2K or even Activision bidding on it to serve a massive blow to EA, I'm ready for something totally different at this point.
I don't want a massive blow to EA, I just want healthy competition. Hated the exclusive license when it first came out, only to get bashed by EA fanboys. Exclusive license has just been horrible for NFL Video Game football. Just make it go away so we can have EA plus whoever else.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm not an EA *****, and I'm enjoying the game for the most part... even though the more I play it, the more some nagging flaws become more apparent. But I'd like to see what another company would to with the license. It's like roadman said, though, it's pretty doubtful at this point, because the NFL has made it pretty apparent how they want to do business. They want one company and one company only to hold a license and even at a King's ransom, there is no way EA allows its flagship title to go away.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 17

Completely agree. I just want some competition so we can stop this "We'll fix one thing each year" since they know there is no one that can make anything better.

I just feel like EA starts to do something good then stops and sends out an unfinished product with the thought that they'll get to the rest next year. Like this year I felt they made great strides towards creating a solid game with a pretty good offline franchise mode, but what happened to the commentary? They could have picked up a couple of guys on the street to do better commentary than we get in Madden 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »