Home

playbook for tebow

This is a discussion on playbook for tebow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
playbook for tebow

i was wondering what you guys think would be a good play book to use for tebow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: playbook for tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverfield91
i was wondering what you guys think would be a good play book to use for tebow?
You could do it one of two ways, I think.

One would be to go with a gun-heavy book and just look for as many opportunities to run as you can if you see the defense out of its base personnel or in man coverage.

Another would be to use a run-heavy book with lots of PA rollouts. You could use those effectively as designed runs and get Tebow out in space either to throw short to the dum-off guy or downfield to the crossing guy.

None of the actual designed QB runs work in the game as far as I can tell, so I'd steer clear of those.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Another would be to use a run-heavy book with lots of PA rollouts. You could use those effectively as designed runs and get Tebow out in space either to throw short to the dum-off guy or downfield to the crossing guy.
This is what I'd do. You don't even have to use PA plays necessarily, test it, on a lot of plays, you can easily roll out the QB before he finishes his dropback so you don't have to execute play fake to get your QB to the outside quick. To simulate a QB draw, use a play with all receivers running to the outside to clear up the middle and immediately after the snap, move the stick forwards, you can often pick up 5-10 easy yards over the middle if the CPU doesn't blitz.

Scrambling to the outside on a HB Slip Screen play can work well, too, if you time it right, it's almost like a "QB screen" where the linemen will block for your QB.

Out of I-Twins Flex, there's a nice Roll Out play without a play fake that can work pretty well, too.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
This is what I'd do. You don't even have to use PA plays necessarily, test it, on a lot of plays, you can easily roll out the QB before he finishes his dropback so you don't have to execute play fake to get your QB to the outside quick. To simulate a QB draw, use a play with all receivers running to the outside to clear up the middle and immediately after the snap, move the stick forwards, you can often pick up 5-10 easy yards over the middle if the CPU doesn't blitz.

Scrambling to the outside on a HB Slip Screen play can work well, too, if you time it right, it's almost like a "QB screen" where the linemen will block for your QB.

Out of I-Twins Flex, there's a nice Roll Out play without a play fake that can work pretty well, too.
Yeah, I also know that you can cancel PA plays and free the QB up for deeper or shorter drops by hot routing both backs to block. I wonder if doing this during PA rollouts will in effect create a naked bootleg play.

PHI has an interesting book. They obviously have a book that's conducive to QB movement from spread sets, with a lot of rollout plays. In a system like that, you could really get Moreno to do some work as an agility back like McCoy, and you could work Royal as a poor-man's Maclin/DJax, and use Decker in the slot.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah, I also know that you can cancel PA plays and free the QB up for deeper or shorter drops by hot routing both backs to block. I wonder if doing this during PA rollouts will in effect create a naked bootleg play.

PHI has an interesting book. They obviously have a book that's conducive to QB movement from spread sets, with a lot of rollout plays. In a system like that, you could really get Moreno to do some work as an agility back like McCoy, and you could work Royal as a poor-man's Maclin/DJax, and use Decker in the slot.
I was actually going to suggest this, as I had been tinkering around with different playbooks for the Broncos.

Denver's default playbook does have a "heavy" Shotgun set that has some nice plays in it, but as another poster mentioned, the QB-designed runs from the 'gun don't work; you're better off just scrambling if you don't see anything open.

Tebow plays just like he does irl; terrible accuracy but he is very elusive and I've seen him break a few tackles, too.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

iam using Denver in my Friends Online Franchise I will start using them in Year 3 I was wondering whats the best playbook for Tebow is it the Denver One they have originally or what do u recommend.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan29
iam using Denver in my Friends Online Franchise I will start using them in Year 3 I was wondering whats the best playbook for Tebow is it the Denver One they have originally or what do u recommend.
Why did you ask the same question as the OP? If you read the thread, there's already a couple of suggestions out there.

The default Denver playbook is OK, but it's more geared for a QB like Orton than Tebow, outside of the two "heavy" Shotgun formations they have.

Philly has a nice playbook, and then you can also look at playbooks that feature a lot of shotgun formations.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I'd recommend kind of the opposite, while in reality, the scrambling QB loves playing in the shotgun, in Madden, usually it's a lot easier to scramble when under center, pick the right plays and get the timing right and you can take control of the QB right after the snap, which means you are already much closer to the line of scrimmage and can escape the pocket much quicker than when in the shotgun.

It least for me, I've had much more success scrambling from singleback formations than from the shotgun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »