Home

Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

This is a discussion on Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

If it was for basic tackles and collisons around the ball carrier I would be fine for that this year.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #34
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobamigo
Anybody think Ncaa will have it too? Think that could possibly be why they keep showing the Ncaa 12 engine in their webcast vids?
Great point. Think about this. If NCAA would have announced the physics part of the gameplay engine, the ONLY excitement behind Madden this year would be the presentation, sound and graphics. With them holding off until Madden started to reveal news for Madden 13, they are still showing NCAA 12 gameplay, allowing Madden to drop a bombshell of news to go along with all the bombshells NCAA has dropped so far with their gameplay reveal (passing improvements, defensive and wr improvements, etc), so both games will create equal excitement and both have big news of their own. There is no surprise the gameplay will be identical in both games as the same people built the engine...so I HIGHLY doubt one game will have it, and one will not.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

May also be why they are holding it off until June 4th. You would think they would want to blow the lid off at the beginning with physics as the gameplay announcement but they probably need as much time as possible to tune it and get it in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

I think people in this thread are going in over there heads. I really don't expect any real time physics until the new consoles roll out which is why I am not getting excited. If it's there come the next blog then cool, but I have no reason to believe it will be in based off the previous 6 years of PS3/XBOX 360 iterations of Madden. I think the engine they are using is limited.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #37
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

looking further into that video for more evidence i noticed something else. I might be reaching here but take a close look at the kicker at the end getting thrown to the ground and the theres another steeler that also gets knocked off the pile and falls to the bottom right part of the screen and slides across the field. Im not claiming this is "physics" but both animations look very smooth and I dont recall seeing that particular animation in previous Maddens. If this game doesnt have physics then they have really stepped up their game in making guys respond to the other bodies on the field and to the momentem of the action in which direction they are being pushed around or tackled. Regardless of what it is, something different is going on there that we havnt seen yet.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
I think you're all whipping yourselves into excitement, dooming yourselves to disappointment. Until EA says they did something, I won't believe this. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #39
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think you're all whipping yourselves into excitement, dooming yourselves to disappointment. Until EA says they did something, I won't believe this. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
I think everyone hear is prepared for that, its just speculation on what we're seeing in that video. You very well could be right.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #40
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
I think everyone hear is prepared for that, its just speculation on what we're seeing in that video. You very well could be right.
Honestly, I hope I'm wrong and everyone else is right. But I just think that something this big would've been announced already. They wouldn't have left something like this to be spoiled by it being discovered in game footage. With how badly gamers want procedural physics, EA would want to ensure they had the limelight in that announcement.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »