Home

This game is not a must buy until they add Runtime Physics to blocking.

This is a discussion on This game is not a must buy until they add Runtime Physics to blocking. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: This game is not a must buy until they add Runtime Physics to blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Off-topic, but you are fooling yourself if you think that EA will let the exclusivity license lapse anytime soon.
Yeah, so some people keep telling me but some of those same people said the same thing about RTP. Point is anything could happen and I have an entire thread about why I believe this could happen. I see you have been on OS for quite a while so I expect you will still be around come March 2014 when we will likely know for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #42
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

They need to add logic before physics can have any impact at all. I see far too many instances of 2 or 3 lineman just standing there with no one to block. When does that happen in the real NFL? Hail Mary defense maybe.

And if they extend that ridiculous contract, I will be very disappointed. Yeah, the game is looking better. But it would have been like this long ago had they had some competition in the marketplace. I'm thinking maybe the only reason they made so many improvements this year is to bolster their chances of getting the license for another 5 years. Then they could just go back to the status quo of mediocrity and half baked ideas. Would be a shame if that happened.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

Last edited by blklightning; 06-11-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm not saying anything about anyone here but man can't we just be happy we got all this new stuff in Madden that looks like it's going to be a very good game? What if they had made Blocking better but didn't do anything else to the game at all would we see (Man they should of added RTP) I know it needs to be fixed and it will be fixed next year I believe in this new team.

As for the Madden license's I don't care one way or the other anymore because the way I see it if another team started making a football game in 2014 it won't be any good till 2016-2017 because it takes time to make a good game ...and I don't know who's out there that's going to go after madden anyways and with 2k having so much trouble I don't think they'd waste there time.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
What if they had made Blocking better but didn't do anything else to the game at all
I'd actually be happy with this too
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #45
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

They were not even sure if they were goin to add RTP in the game this year, so I can see why they only added it to the defensive side of the ball mostly; Because its more impactful on defense with tackling, and they didnt have time. Now lets hope next year they will add it on the offensive side of the ball. Which would be blocking and/or running!
I may buy Madden this year for the first time in four years, because of the new catch animations and most of all RTP. But if they dont add RTP to atleast blocking or running with foot planting (which is the only way for the blocking and running to be fixed in this game, because its only so much you can tweak the current technology they are using, and they have squeezed all of the juice out of that lemon) I will not buy this game until they do, because their is nothing else they can do gameplay wise to make me buy this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »