Home

What year had the best/deepest offline franchise/dynasty for Madden & NCAA Football?

This is a discussion on What year had the best/deepest offline franchise/dynasty for Madden & NCAA Football? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What year had the best/deepest offline franchise/dynasty for Madden & NCAA Football?

The best aspect of Madden for me was being able to upload my NCAA draft classes and continue the careers of my players. Now that's no longer possible and there's no telling if or when that will ever return. That feature was make or break for me, so I won't be purchasing any further Madden/NCAA games for the foreseeable future.

Over the years, the Madden franchise and NCAA dynasty has had some great features, only for those features to disappear the next year.

I am currently enjoying Madden and NCAA 12. However, I hate the cut days feature in Madden with the made up players who end up populating rosters while far superior players languish in the FA pool. It's ridiculous that a team will have a top rated QB backed up by 2nd and 3rd stringers with ratings in the 30's, 40's and 50's.

I am thinking about going back and trying to pick up some older versions of Madden/NCAA and I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on what the best year for both games?

Last edited by Death Eats a Cracker; 08-20-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What year had the best/deepest offline franchise/dynasty for Madden & NCAA Footba

Gonna have to go back to last gen. Relocating teams, rebuilding the stadium. Stadium upgrades actually appearing and making a difference. Setting ticket, concession, and parking prices. Dynamic attendance. Low morale players would hold out and not play. Last gens franchise was so deep.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What year had the best/deepest offline franchise/dynasty for Madden & NCAA Footba

Madden 2005 is fantastic. Morale, NFL Icons, Tony Bruno Show, Position Battles, Awesome Relocation Features, and lots more make it a really fun mode to play.

I've been having a few problems with getting the on-field gameplay to work the way I want it, but other than that it's been great.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Madden '05 is not only my favorite sports game, but on my all-time list favorite games in general.

That's why I've been so hard on Madden/EA ever since. All downhill after that...
Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

madden 2005. it was one of the only madden games that got me away from playing the game that shall not be named and its 20 dollar price tag.

but I do think CCM will blow that to bits, and if in 14 they can add assistant coaches with the same progression system(players also retire and can become coaches ala madden of old, or HC)

speaking of which, if a head coach is fired in this game, who is he replaced by? is there a pool of coordinators, do players still retire and become head coach options? Im not sure ive seen the answer to this, sorry for asking making it OT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Let's not forget restricted free agents on Madden 05.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Toss-Up Madden 2004 or Madden 2005... I'll go with '04
Old 08-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

im not sure which one it was, i think 05. but the one with owners mode. i loved that. i think it had training camp too. i dont understand why they havent been able to do owner mode again. they could have just replaced franchise mode with that years ago. now i never see it coming back with cc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »