Home

You don't play online? Why?

This is a discussion on You don't play online? Why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13
Question You don't play online? Why?

I didn't want to derail another thread with this, so I thought I would pose the question here. I completely understand why people don't want to play in the online lobbies, because I certainly don't.

My question is this: If you don't play in online leagues, why? More to the point, if you could play online in a league setting where you were treated with respect, in regards to both your time and game play, would you?

If no, why not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Sarvinator's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You don't play online? Why?

I don't currently play much online because my only experience has been in lobbies, and I haven't enjoyed it.
I play Madden mainly for franchise. And I'll be the first to say that I suck whenever I go online. The skills are obviously different between playing the CPU vs playing a player. So often human players stick to one or two "money plays" that the game just isn't fun. On the couple of occasions when I have managed to take a lead, I have had disconnects.
If I could play in an organized league where I could work on my online skills, and game with mature, football fan gamers, I definitely would like to do that.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Lag.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvinator
I don't currently play much online because my only experience has been in lobbies, and I haven't enjoyed it.
I play Madden mainly for franchise. And I'll be the first to say that I suck whenever I go online. The skills are obviously different between playing the CPU vs playing a player. So often human players stick to one or two "money plays" that the game just isn't fun. On the couple of occasions when I have managed to take a lead, I have had disconnects.
If I could play in an organized league where I could work on my online skills, and game with mature, football fan gamers, I definitely would like to do that.
Those kinds of leagues exist, I know for a fact, because I help run them.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
Lag.

Is it because you are out in BFE? I live in the middle of nowhere and usually can get a good connection to play with a 12 up / 0.5 down connection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Years ago when online first started, you had a better chance of getting a sim opponent in the lobby. After a couple of years though, the "East Room" cheese drove most sim ballers away from lobby games and into leagues.

I've been playing in a league since Madden first went online 10 years ago. The league that I run actually was online before the Sony PS2 Network Adapter was released. We were all using the Linksys USB to Ethernet bridge for the first season of play

Now I wouldn't consider playing online outside of a league.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Sarvinator's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Those kinds of leagues exist, I know for a fact, because I help run them.
Would you suggest just looking through the forums here? Any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
Now I wouldn't consider playing online outside of a league.
I agree completely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »