Home

Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Online/Ultimate Team (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Online/Ultimate Team (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Laggy Online play

This game online is unplayable. The only game that hasn't been choppy was against a friend who lives a few miles away. I dont have a scrub connection either. I'm hard wired in and have a high end comcast speed. Must be the servers. Anybody else feel the same way? Hopefully this changes soon. I cant play single player, too boring.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Laggy Online play

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan28
This game online is unplayable. The only game that hasn't been choppy was against a friend who lives a few miles away. I dont have a scrub connection either. I'm hard wired in and have a high end comcast speed. Must be the servers. Anybody else feel the same way? Hopefully this changes soon. I cant play single player, too boring.
I have never been able to play online madden without it infuriating me. I have a 15 mbps connection and yet every time I go online to play anyone can beat me cause they move faster then I see them move. I won't play online except for ultimate team, and its hardly fun when I do.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Online/Ultimate Team (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
We all hate cheesers but you are playing randoms when you go to play now online. You can make someone play sim football. Their are threee options you have when you come across a cheeser.

1. I would never do this but you can fight fire with fire. If someone is cheesing you then you can resort to cheese also. Once again, I would never do this but it is an option.

2. Play SIM football to the best of your abilities. Most people on here will tell you that about 80% of the time playing SIM football will beat a cheeser.

3. Just quit. If you dont want to resort to the first choice and the second choice just wont work then there will be no harm in quitting. Yea you will get the lose, but its just a game. Your record wont win you any prize

Also when you are on defense, wait to choose your play until you can see what formation the offense comes out in. That would solved the issue in you post.
I truly thank you for your response. I know my post was made mostly out of frustration, but I am truly going to try online this year because I love the game and have very high hopes for CCM.

Personally I just can't cheese. It's just my thing. I like to play as close to real football or how I would play or coach as possible.

Response to another post, I have Time Warner 50mbs and my game was extra choppy. The choppiness makes it very hard to play a sports game right. does anyone know if u can see the other persons connection speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

What are this years online ranked match settings?

5 or 7 min quarters? All pro ? Automatic play clock run off? Etc.

Last edited by Mintsa; 08-26-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
What are this years online ranked match settings?

5 or 7 min quarters? All pro ? Automatic play clock run off? Etc.
Not100% sure, but I remember being able to editit right before the game.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Two things driving me crazy online.

Rushing. Inside rushing can get messy vs a user, kicking it outside is far too often the best option....and is very effective.

Interceptions. Ball hawk feature has taken what has always been a problem to me, further. Despite dropping the INT slider to 25, these are just so easy to come by. If your target is partially covered, it's likely a user INT coming if you throw. You basically need to throw to absolute wide open guys or you're taking a massive risk. It really jacks up scores with the shorter fields and pick sixes that come from this.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
I have never been able to play online madden without it infuriating me. I have a 15 mbps connection and yet every time I go online to play anyone can beat me cause they move faster then I see them move. I won't play online except for ultimate team, and its hardly fun when I do.
The download portion of your connection is irrelevant, most people will have fast download. In fact anything from 2 Mbps is more than enough. It is your upload that is important and what route your ISP takes to get to the host of the game. Latency plays a big part in how quickly you get information from you to the host and from the host to you.

Last edited by Sef0r; 08-26-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #16
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

You can say that, but I know I play a ton of other games with no noticeable lag:

Counter-Strike: Source and Global Offensive (PC)
World of Warcraft (PC)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3)
Battlefield 3 (360)

And none of those games have any noticeable lag. Madden and NCAAF should be no different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »